Thursday, December 14, 2017

My Thoughts on The Death Cure Trailer

I thought I’d share my thoughts and feels on The Death Cure trailer. In case you haven’t seen it, I’ve posted it below. Just remember that this is the third movie in the franchise, so stay away from the video if you haven’t seen the other films, unless you just want to be spoiled.


Okay, so I feel like I’ve been waiting for this movie for a loooooooong time. Honestly, if I hadn’t written movie reviews for The Maze Runner back in 2014 and its sequel The Scorch Trials in 2015, I would have forgotten how much I thoroughly enjoyed these films.

Now, I’ve only read the first book, The Maze Runner, and I didn’t really like it. It was just an okay read. Maybe if I’d read it in sixth grade instead of college I would have loved it more, but I didn’t… HOWEVER, I feel like the films present a more “grown up” feeling. Yes, adults can read YA and watch kids’ movies (I do all the time), but these films present a perfect balance of complicated storyline and young, yet intelligent and thoughtful characters. The book versions didn’t quite have that thoughtfulness.

It’s been two years, but the actors still look relatively the same. I’m glad Dylan O’Brien, aka Thomas, is doing well after his on-set accident. I’m also glad that what looks like a majority of the main cast is back for this one. There’s only one person who is maybe missing…? Not sure.

I do think that with all the action-packed trailer scenes, what’s being left out is some info on what’s happened between the end of The Scorch Trials and the start of this film. Why are the characters stealing the cargo train thing? But I love the suspense with the idea that these kids can cure the world and, for some reason, they have to break back into the maze.

All in all, I think this trailer relied a lot on nostalgia from the first two films. Maybe it’s just me, but I missed these characters without even realizing it. And I hope Thomas and the gang make good decisions because I haven’t read the book. This means I don’t know what’s going to happen. I’m going in blind!

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait for this movie! I loved the first two movies, especially the second one. That one was soooo good & super entertaining. :)

    I haven't read the books and I'm not interested into reading them. Is that a bad thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Scorch Trials was amazing! I loved that film. And no, I've given up on even trying to read the books, so I definitely can't judge. ;)

      Delete
  2. I have a feeling that my daughter will be wanting to see this one. I should probably read this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh. You'd be okay to just watch the movie. It's 100x better. :)

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!