Saturday, December 30, 2017

Stacking the Shelves: The Not Christmas Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

So this isn’t my Christmas haul. I mentioned in past posts that my Christmas got postponed. It was actually yesterday, but since I will be with my family on Friday, I’m pre-posting this haul. #sorrynotsorry

The Last Namsara by Kristen Cicarelli
The Last Star by Rick Yancey
A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab

I wasn’t planning on getting any books except the ones I received as Christmas presents, but my dad asked me if I wanted to go to Barnes & Noble while my mom shopped for more gifts. Of course, I said yes, especially if the books were on him. ;)

I ended up getting these three. I kind of regret getting A Darker Shade of Magic, simply because I wanted, and still want, to get the UK paperbacks. Those covers are much prettier. However, I figure I’ll read the first book to decide if I even like the series before I purchase the UK versions.

As for The Last Namsara, I had borrowed it from the library, but I just didn’t have enough time to really read it. And with The Last Star, it was bargain priced for under nine dollars.

So there’s my pre-Christmas haul. I’ll have my Christmas haul up next week.

What books have you bought/received lately?

16 comments:

  1. Bookstores are always a yes! Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to read the Last Star, I was really bad about finishing series this year. I also look forward to diving into Schwabs newest series after I finish Our Dark Duet. Enjoy the goodies and your postponed Christmas! My Shelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to read Infinite Sea and The Last Star. I've just heard such mixed things that I'm never excited to pick them up.

      Delete
  3. OOh nice!! I enjoyed The Last Star! I still need to read The Last Namsara! Hope you enjoy your new reads!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both the USA and UK covers of ADSOM, so I know what you mean! I got ACOL for Christmas and I am excited to finally finish out the series. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Happy New Year, Rachelle. =)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome pre-Christmas haul. I miss shopping with my Dad even though he hated. Glad you can still enjoy that activity :) Hope you have a wonderful belated Christmas and a safe and happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww... I don't get to shop with him very often anymore since I live many states away. This was nice.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I did! I still haven't picked it up yet. I hope it doesn't sit on my TBR for too long...

      Delete
  7. I am really hoping to get The Last Namasara :)
    I hope you enjoy your new reads. Happy New Year!
    My STS: http://flippingthruthepages.com/2017/12/stacking-shelves-13-last-one-year-2017/

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was really nice of your dad! I haven't read any of these but hope to read the Schwab series sometime soon. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!