Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday: Broken Beautiful Hearts

 "Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

This week, what's really got my pages in a twist is...

Broken Beautiful Hearts
Publication Date: February 6, 2018
Hardcover, Imprint
Genres: YA, Contemporary, Romance

In this gritty, contemporary romance, an injured star athlete escapes to a small southern town after an abusive relationship leaves her reeling.

Before, Peyton was a star soccer player with the perfect boyfriend, Reed. Now, she has a torn knee ligament, a scholarship on the line, and a shattered sense of self. No one believes Reed pushed her, causing her injury, and Peyton just wants to leave the trauma behind. Living with her uncle and twin cousins in their small, football-obsessed town seems like a great escape plan.

There, Peyton meets Owen—high school classmate and local MMA fighter. Though Owen is charming and gentle, Peyton is determined to repress her growing attraction. But when her old and new life collide, Peyton must reclaim the truth of her past in order to save her future.

With southern charm, underground martial arts, and red-hot chemistry, Kami Garcia’s second contemporary romance will steal your breath away.

My Thoughts

I haven’t read Kami Garcia’s other YA contemporary romance book yet, but this one sounds good. It has an MMA fighter in it. I love when there are MMA fighters in contemporary romance books. That trope reminds me a little of Jamie McGuire’s Beautiful Disaster, only in YA form. I liked that book, so let’s hope this one is good too.

What book are you waiting for this Wednesday?

2 comments:

  1. This one is new to me. I did enjoy her Legion series so I would consider this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE her Legion series. I wish she'd write another book, but it's probably not going to happen. :(

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!