Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday: The Thief by J.R. Ward

 "Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

This week, what's really got my pages in a twist is...

The Thief
(Black Dagger Brotherhood #16)
Publication Date: April 3, 2018
Hardcover, 400 pages, Piatkus
Genres: Adult, Paranormal, Romance

New enemies rise from the shadows in the next novel of the New York Times bestselling paranormal romance series the Black Dagger Brotherhood.

Having allied themselves with the Band of Bastards, the Brotherhood is committed now more than ever to eradicating the Lessening Society. Recovering from their most recent battle against the last of the lessers, the Brotherhood comes to realize that the fight against their enemies is far from over. Throe, Xcor’s former second in command, is using an ancient tome to summon a new army engineered by a force more dangerous and evil than the Omega. And now the brothers of the Black Dagger Brotherhood will be tested both at home and on the battlefield.

My Thoughts

This number 16 in the BDB series! Holy cow! I started this series back when book six released. I was in high school then. It’s insane to think so many books in this world are out now. But while I’m always excited for a J.R. Ward book, I’m not super enthusiastic about the couple in The Thief. I just don’t know a lot about them. I tended to skip over their chapters in previous books. (Whoops.)

What book are you waiting for this Wednesday?

6 comments:

  1. I sometimes skipp chapters aswell, usually the very boring parts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I hate doing it, but sometimes you gotta. ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh nice! Never did read this author! Hope you enjoy this one!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo! You definitely should. I think you'd like her books!

      Delete
  3. Wooooaaahhh, #16??? That's crazy! I've not read any of the books in this series but I have read Ward's Bourbon Kings series and I like it. 😍 I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a wonderful week. =)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I tried to start her Boubon Kings series, but I just couldn't get into it. I'll try again some day...

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!