Saturday, December 16, 2017

Stacking the Shelves: The Snooze You Lose Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

This week was a very good book week. Well, technically, I got these last week, but I couldn’t carry them home to take pictures until now. The point is, though, that you get to look at some pretty books, and you can tell me which one(s) I should prioritize reading next. ;)

All the Feels by Danika Stone
Off the Ice by Julie Cross
Friends and Traitors by C.J. Hill
Love, Fortunes, and Other Disasters by Kimberly Karalius
Never Always Sometimes by Adi Alsaid
Battlemage by Tarau Matharu
Windwitch by Susan Dennard
The Lyre Thief by Jennifer Fallon
Roar by Cora Carmack

So all of these were nabbed at Macmillan’s annual Winter Book Collection. If you volunteered to work the book collection, which is basically an event where everyone donates the books they don’t want anymore, you could grab books you wanted along the way.

The first day, I grabbed Off the Ice, Windwitch, The Lyre Thief, and Roar (pictured below), along with some Christmas gifts that I can’t share. ;)

The second day, as a reward for helping, volunteers could pick out of the kids’ books. I guess this was for volunteers who wanted to get children’s books for their offspring. Since I have no offspring, I mostly got YA books, aka the rest of the pictured titles. I had to be aggressive to get some of these. People were trying to take books out of my box. :P


Now, before I ever started working at Macmillan, I entered a giveaway for some Cora Carmack swag. And somehow, I won! It didn’t get here until today. I thought that was amazing timing, though, considering I’d only come into possession of a copy of Roar one day before.

Thanks Cora for the amazing art and swag! The canvas piece is currently the only piece of artwork I have on my wall. It also matches my aesthetic!

What books have you bought/received lately?

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Awesome haul you got here! I hope you enjoy all your books!

    Here’s my Stacking the Shelves!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roar looks awesome. I’ve been curious about that book but haven’t got to read it yet. Hopefully next week. I hope you enjoy it and the other books. Have a wonderful weekend and happy reading. ❤️😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roar is a pretty good fantasy read. I hope you enjoy it. :)

      Delete
  3. Roar is a book that I have had on my radar since its release. I will be curious to see what you think. This Winter Book Collection event sounds like a lot of fun. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun! Next year, I'll be more prepared, since this was my first time volunteering. I'll bring a bag this time. Lol

      Delete
  4. OOoh very nice!! I really enjoyed Roar more than I thought I would! It was pretty awesome!! Happy Reading!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your haul is amazing! Have fun reading the books you got!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!