Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Top Ten Bookish Settings I'd Love to Visit

 If you’re unaware, Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly original feature created by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there’s a new Top Ten theme that the blogger responds to with their own list of answers.

This week’s theme is… *drumroll please*…

Ten Bookish Settings I’d Love to Visit

I feel like most people’s lists are going to be the same for this one, but who knows? Maybe you all will surprise me.

***

WONDERLAND

I might go nuts if I stayed here for longer than a few hours, but it’d be cool to visit briefly. I don’t think I could take the chaos of the Mad Hatter or the Red Queen. I also don't like tea.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fs-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com%2Foriginals%2F84%2F74%2F5c%2F84745c9d571398771c51cae71e7ed195.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fpin%2F99642210476442570%2F&docid=3IGwtkT4U3p6tM&tbnid=j7yTx7g9a8_OiM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwiYrMuz2vHXAhUlhOAKHZifB4QQMwhDKAUwBQ..i&w=1451&h=751&bih=588&biw=1366&q=valyria&ved=0ahUKEwiYrMuz2vHXAhUlhOAKHZifB4QQMwhDKAUwBQ&iact=mrc&uact=8

ESSOS

I think it’d be cool to visit Valyria back in its heyday when dragons and the families that rode them were strongest.


MARS IN RED RISING

I don’t want to stay long. Just for a few days. People in Pierce Brown’s books have a tendency to get blown to smithereens.

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1366&bih=588&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=h_QlWtjMB6WIggeYv56gCA&q=rivendell&oq=rivendell&gs_l=psy-ab.3...225661.228905.0.229623.9.9.0.0.0.0.188.188.0j1.1.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..8.1.185...0.0.FabBDIi2kqM#imgrc=retyPEdYBPCdfM:

MIDDLE-EARTH

Just Hobbiton and Rivendell. I don’t need to visit dwarven mines or Mordor. Too many baddies in those areas.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi37Ia13PHXAhWCTN8KHbDYCIMQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.howtotrainyourdragon.com%2Fexplore%2Fmap%2Fisle-of-berk&psig=AOvVaw0dQMjLlAPOCPIl2WIkRc_Y&ust=1512523756875688

BERK

How to Train Your Dragon was originally a book series. While I’ve never read the books, I really want a pet dragon. Correction: I just want Toothless.


HOGSMEADE

I want all the sweets, please. XD


DIAGON ALLEY

I want my own wand, gosh darnit! And an owl, and a Gringotts vault, and robes, and a cauldron. I want it all, and I want it now!


NARNIA

If you asked me this question eight or so years ago, I would tell you that I wanted to visit Narnia more than any place in the history of fictional places. However, as an adult, I realize Narnia is sometimes a little boring when compared to the top two on my list.


HOGWARTS

This one’s pretty obvious, right? Who doesn’t want to go to Hogwarts?


WESTEROS

I thought about this for a while. While any location in the Harry Potter universe would be great to visit, I think I’m more into Game of Thrones now than Harry Potter.

I wouldn’t want to stay in Westeros for very long, and I’d have to visit between the years of Robert’s Rebellion and the craziness that’s currently going on in their world, but it would be cool to see Winterfell and the Wall.

***

Alright, there you have it. My first Top Ten Tuesday and my list of bookish places I'd love to visit. What would you put on this list? Let me know in the comments section.

6 comments:

  1. OOoh nice! I pretty much encompassed all the Harry Potter places by saying Hogwarts! Lol.

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I had to drag them out. I couldn't think of many bookish settings.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read a lot of these books. I am really surprised to see you say that you are into GoT more than Harry Potter right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Harry Potter, and it will always be amazing, but I'm more obsessed with Jon Snow right now. ;)

      Delete
  3. Narnia and Hogwarts were both on my list this week, though I'd basically love to see everywhere in the Wizarding World!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/12/05/top-ten-tuesday-136/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think we're alone. Everyone probably has Hogwarts on their list. :)

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!