Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Top Ten Favorite Books of 2017

 If you’re unaware, Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly original feature created by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there’s a new Top Ten theme that the blogger responds to with their own list of answers.

This week’s theme is… *drumroll please*…

Top Ten Favorite Books of 2017

I don’t really like doing this post with so much time still left in the year. While I don’t think I’ll read anything spectacularly amazing before January 1st, there’s always the chance. So, just be aware that this post comes with a caveat of it not being the end of the year. If I do find a new favorite, I may repost an edited version of this list…

Also, I don’t have ten favorites. I typically only list out five books for lists like these, simply because I’m such a picky reader. The book has to fit some pretty major qualifications to make my list. I managed to get six books on this one, though.

I also just didn’t read very much this year. Things have been pretty crazy. I’ll share all about that in a future 2017 wrap up post.

***
Roar by Cora Carmack

Okay, so I went into this one with high expectations, and, for the most part, they were met. It’s not my favorite fantasy of all time, but I really enjoyed it. It’s also got a stunning cover. ;)

Diplomatic Immunity by Brodi Ashton

Okay, so this book was just fun. I’m normally not big into YA contemporary, or at least, I tend to rate it pretty low. However, this book was hilarious.

My review.
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets to the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz

This book is just good. It makes you feel all the feels. I read it in less than 24 hours.

King’s Cage by Victoria Aveyard

While this installment wasn’t my favorite in the series, I still very much enjoyed it. I also love Cal. Have I mentioned that yet on this blog? Please note my epic sarcasm here.

My review.

Morning Star by Pierce Brown

The finale for this series (which is now getting a spin-off series) was amazing! However, book two was even better.

My review.

Golden Son by Pierce Brown

Yep. My favorite book of the year is the second book in a sci-fi trilogy that I put off reading for way too long. Seriously guys, if you haven’t read Red Rising—the first book in the trilogy—please do it now. It’s an awesome, action-packed adventure!

My review.

***

Alright, there you have it. My first Top Ten Tuesday and my list of favorite 2017 reads. What books would you put on this list? Let me know in the comments section.

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you, its still early in the month for favorites, but with the holidays I am reading filler books until I start 2018. I'm listening to a silly but fun memoir right now on audiobook I didn't plan to pick up but I couldn't commit to a book that needed my full attention! I haven't read any of these books but I am glad you enjoyed them. My husband loves the Red Rising series! Happy reading in 2018 too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm trying to get some books on my TBR knocked off that have been there for years. I suspect they'll be 3 or 4 star reads, nothing out-of-this-world good.

      Delete
  2. The Red Rising trilogy is so good. I can't wait for Iron Gold next year. I like to wait until the last day of the year as well because you never know...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aristotle and Dante was one of my favorites of the year! Lin Manual Miranda narrates the audio version, and it is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!