Monday, April 16, 2018

My Thoughts on the Incredibles 2 Trailer

I thought I’d share my thoughts and feels about the new Incredibles 2 trailer. In case you haven’t seen it, I’ve posted it below:


Like most millennials, I was very excited for this film, as I was in the core audience of kids who watched the first movie in theaters. However, after seeing what the synopsis of this film is going to be through various sneak peeks and trailers, I’ve come to realize that I might not enjoy this one as much as I thought.

Why, you ask? Well, there’s a possibility that this movie will play on that Mr. Dad stereotype, where the husband and father has to “babysit” his own kids while the mom does work. Think Daddy Day Care or Baby Daddy.

I’m still going to watch the film in theaters; I’m just hoping that there’s not as much of the Mr. Dad stuff as appears in the trailer.

I’m also a little concerned about the voices for the kids. Since it’s been ten years, I guess they got new voices for them, even Frozone’s wife sounds different. I’ll have to get used to that. I wish they would have grown the kids a few years instead, but I guess I’ll just have to be happy with what Disney’s giving me.

The math scene in this trailer is hilarious, though. Along with all of the Jack Jack stuff. That poor kid. I’m also excited to see all of the new powers and control Violet exhibits. I think that’s probably the most exciting part: seeing the three superpowered kids get stronger and more knowledgeable about their abilities.

Oh, and Edna is back too! That’s super fun.

What do you think about the new Incredibles 2 trailer? Did you like the first movie?

4 comments:

  1. The first movie is a work of art! I am sooo excited for this, but I see what you are saying about the Dad stuff. It could be really funny or it could be old news. I love that the trailer ended with Frozone's wife telling him he better be back ASAP. Even though you don't see her in the first movie she is one of the best parts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's great in the first one. I hope she's just as good in the second.

      Delete
  2. It seems like it has been forever since the first movie was released.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!