Sunday, April 8, 2018

The Buffy Book Tag

Well, I’ve officially gone around the Buffy bend. I’m currently obsessed with Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I mean, I’m so obsessed that it’s interfering with my daily life. Grr. (Argh.)

I just want to binge watch the show, read fanfiction, and get my hands on the comics right now! What’s weird, though, is this isn’t my first time watching Buffy. I’ve watched the show numerous times and never been this obsessed. Oh well… Guess I need the new obsession to help me in my wait for Infinity War. I do wish it hadn’t started up during Camp NaNoWriMo, though. But that’s a post for tomorrow.

Anyway, today I’m doing The Buffy Book Tag, which was created by The Boy Who Cried Books.

Buffy: Favorite female character

Hard questions right off the bat. Ugh. I had to think about this one a little. It was hard to really settle with one answer, but I thought I’d go with Shazi from The Wrath and the Dawn. Although, Hermione Granger popped into my head as well. She’s probably #1, but we’ll let a non-Harry Potter character shine this time.

Angel: Favorite male character

Okay, first off, I’m totally Team Spike. It’s canon as well. The comics confirm, so buh-bye Angel. Not nice to know you. However, I do have to admit Angel is attractive. *sigh*

My favorite male character is probably a toss up between Cole from the White Rabbit Chronicles by Gena Showalter and Cal from Red Queen.

Willow: Favorite book/series with witches/magic users

Umm… Is this a trick question? I have to say Harry Potter. However, if we take Harry Potter out of the equation, I’d go with L.J. Smith’s The Secret Circle series. Meg Cabot’s Jinx came in a close second, though.

Xander: A Book you have a love/hate relationship with

I don’t know why this tag say a love/hate relationship with. Maybe the creator just doesn’t like Xander? I think he’s funny. In later seasons he’s better. But I have a love/hate relationship with Gena Showalter and J.R. Ward’s paranormal romance books. Sometimes one will be good, but the next book in the series will just be pure awfulness.

Giles: Favorite parental figure in a book/series

Yikes. This tag really brings out the big questions. Well, the first person to come to mind was Father Dominic from Meg Cabot’s Mediator series, even though I do question some of this choices at times.

Cordelia: A book you didn’t expect to love as much as you did

Okay, I don’t like Cordelia. I never really have. Even after she appeared on Angel. She just got on my nerves. But whatevs.

For a book that I didn’t expect to love as much as I did, I’ll go with Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton.

Anya: Favorite classic

I guess this is because Anya is so old? Anyway, my favorite classic is probably Pride & Prejudice, as it’s the only classic I’ve read on my own time and not for a class.

Oz: Favorite book/series with fictional beings

Oh, also was never a fan of Oz. I’m just not big into Seth Green. But my favorite series with fictional beings is The Chronicles of Narnia.

Tara: Favorite queer character/queer book

This is probably the easiest one: Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli.

Dawn: Favorite sibling relationship

The Weasleys! Especially Fred and George together! Gotta love Fred and George. *sobs off in the corner*

Spike: Favorite book where a bad character goes good

You know, I’m not actually that in to bad characters turning good in books. I love it way more when it’s on TV. Usually, I like my bad guys/girls already morally gray to begin with. So, I’ll go with Roth from White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout, even though he’s not really all that bad.

Sunnydale: Favorite setting

Gosh! This tag is like a Harry Potter magnet! I just want to say Hogwarts. Can I just say Hogwarts? If not, I’ll go with any fantasy world. I think any author that can make up their own realistic fantasy world is pretty freakin’ awesome!

***

Well, there you have it. I have officially done a Buffy book tag, and I’ve put way too many gifs in this one post. Hope you enjoyed it! Let me know if you watch Buffy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!