Thursday, April 26, 2018

My Personal Ranking of the MCU Films

So Avengers: Infinity War is almost upon us! I’m so freakin’ excited for this film! I’m super wary of the internet right now because of potential spoilage. It’s a scary place right now.

To get myself pumped for the movie (or even more pumped than I already am), I thought I’d do a ranking of my personal favorite Marvel Cinematic Universe films. Now, I’d like to start out with a disclaimer that 1) these are my current favorites, which means they could move up or down as time goes by, and 2) these are my opinions. Yours could be different. No one is right or wrong when it comes to their favorite MCU films. Books, yes. MCU films, no. ;)

***

18. Iron Man 3

This film was awful. This is probably the only one that I’d have to say must be in the bottom of everyone’s list. I’ve fought with my roommate over how terrible this movie is. (Not literally fought, but had strong words.)

17. Iron Man 2

Meh. It was alright. I don’t even remember the villains name, though.

16. The Incredible Hulk

Good movie, but I just wish the actors had stayed the same.

15. Spider-Man: Homecoming

I actually liked three out of the five other Spider-Man movies more than this one. This one was just predictable and not as awe-inspiring, even though Peter is actually a high school kid.

14. Doctor Strange

I need to re-watch this one. I’ve only seen it one time, and while it was good, Dr. Strange’s powers just are a little trippy for me. Plus, white washing. Boo.

13. Black Panther

I liked this one, but the CGI threw me off. I’ll need to see it a second time to get a definitive ranking (same for a lot of these, actually).

12. Avengers: Age of Ultron

I wish this one was higher on the list, but the Black Widow + Bruce Banner relationship was too much. Otherwise, I could have enjoyed this one with no problems.

11. Ant-Man

A funny movie that took a spin on the comics, but a movie about a shrinking/growing man just can’t be up to par with some of the other heroes, despite its humor.

10. Thor: The Dark World

I haven’t been able to re-watch, so I don’t remember a lot. I do know it was good, and that Chris Hemsworth is very nice. ;)

9. Iron Man

Even though I’m not a Tony Stark fan, I still have to appreciate how amazed I was at this first MCU film. I remember laughing very hard.

8. Captain America: Winter Soldier

I think this one would be higher on my list if I had re-watched it recently. I’ve only seen it 1.5 times, but I remember seeing some awesome fight scenes.

7. Guardians of the Galaxy

No Baby Groot for this one, but it was still funny, and the music is amazing.

6. Thor

I didn’t appreciate this film as much when I first watched it in theaters, but now, all I can say is “Another!”

5. Captain America: The First Avenger

Oh, Captain, my captain. Can I just say that Steve Rogers is a sweetheart? He better not die in Infinity War. (He’s probably going to die… Boo.)

4. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. II

This film was just hilarious. While it didn’t really fit in the overall plot of the MCU’s other films, it had Baby Groot, so all was well in the world.

3. Avengers

The first time the characters were together in one place! Gosh, it brings back so many memories!

2. Captain America: Civil War

Umm… Iron Man got his butt kicked. It made me happy, okay? Plus, all the characters plus some coming together was cool.

1. Thor: Ragnarok

I loved this movie! I’m obsessed with it! I think it’s because of how Thor’s powers developed in this one. The humor could have been lessened a little bit, but otherwise, this film was awesome! I’m hoping Avengers: Infinity War knocks it down to second place, though.

**

Alright, there you have it. My ranking of MCU’s superhero films. What’s your favorite Marvel movie? What’s your least favorite? Sound off in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!