Saturday, April 14, 2018

Stacking the Shelves: The Rising Queen Edition


"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

This week wasn’t too shabby. It went by pretty fast, and it’s finally getting warmer! I didn’t have to wear my puffy coat 3/5 weekdays. That’s some good progress.

I’ve still been super into Buffy the Vampire Slayer, so that hasn’t slowed down any. I’m looking for recommendations for books that have a similar vibe to seasons five through seven of Buffy. I just love those seasons. Probably because they’re the first seasons I watched as a pre-teen. So, anyone have any recs? Adult or YA, I’m not picky. Preferably with a Spike-like male lead, though. ;)

The Queen’s Rising by Rebecca Ross

Only one book this week. Well, technically I bought two, but the other one won’t be delivered until next week, and even then, it’s being delivered to my parents’ house. So you all won’t get to see it until May.

I actually went to Rebecca Ross and Alexandra Monir’s SFF signing/panel this past Wednesday, so I picked up The Queen’s Rising while I was there. I thought about buying Monir’s The Final Six, but it has some not-so-great reviews going for it. I think I’ll hold off until it’s on Book Outlet or something. Stay tuned for my signing event recap! It should be up tomorrow. *crosses fingers*

What books have you bought/received lately?

11 comments:

  1. I started watching Buffy, but have not yet got to Spike's entrance. So behind. The Queen's Rising looks good. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man. I don't know if I should warn you or not. Just be prepared for a whirlwind of emotions.

      Delete
  2. Oooh! You got Queen's Rising! I hope you enjoy this book!

    Here’s my STS!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG THE Final Six is excellent!! Oh man, I would've loved to meet her!!

    http://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2018/04/stacking-shelves_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never watched Buffy so I can't recommend anything. Hope you get some great ones though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, man. You should watch it. It's great. :)

      Delete
  5. I am all for doing away with winter coats. I have only watched a few early episodes of Buffy so I really can't recommend anything to you. Enjoy your new book!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!