Saturday, April 7, 2018

Stacking the Shelves: The Slayer Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

It’s been a good week. It might snow later, so that sucks. But otherwise, I’ve been pretty chill. Oh, and my mom sent me an Easter basket full of candy! Yay!

Blood Fury by J.R. Ward
Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8 Vol. 1

I mentioned in my wrap-up that I’ve been addicted to Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I’m re-watching episodes and replaying the soundtrack to “Once More With Feeling” way too much. I also learned that my co-workers and roommate don’t really like Buffy. GASP! Like WTH?! How do you not like Buffy? That being said, I needed more of the vampire slayer in my life. Thus, I decided to invest in the comics.

As for Blood Fury, I borrowed it from the library after reading Blood Vow.

Hounded by Hearne

I randomly decided to buy this one on Kindle since it was only $2.99. I kind of started reading it, but I’m not very impressed with the first chapter. Has anyone read this? Does it get better? Because I’m not entirely sure I’ll enjoy this thing. It’s too kooky compared to what I expected.

As for my book budget, I only spent the $2.99 so far, since I bought Buffy last month.

What books have you bought/received lately?

7 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! I love the Iron Druid Chronicles! Hope you enjoy all your new reads!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard a lot of good things, so I'm hoping I'll like it.

      Delete
  2. I hope you enjoy your Buffy!! And I hope you like both your reads!
    https://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2018/04/stacking-shelves.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried reading Hounded a handful of years ago and couldn't get into. I was kind of bored by it all and I wasn't a huge fan of the MC. A lot of people seem to really love that series though.
    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm worried about. The narration just didn't start very well, in my opinion, and I'm only a few pages into it.

      Delete
  4. I have the first also and can't wait to read The Iron Druid Chronicles. If you go over to Kimberly's blog Caffeinated Reviewer she has read/listened to them all and has reviews up of them. That's what made me want to start these. Enjoy the new books!

    Mary my #SundayRoundup #13!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip. I might have to do that.

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!