Sunday, December 20, 2015

Pinterest Sunday: Bookish Maps

            
I have decided that Sundays will now be Pinterest days. What does that mean? It means every Sunday I’ll be sharing a bookish craft with you all that I found on Pinterest.

Obviously, none of these craft ideas were created by me, and I’ll give the creator the credit he or she deserves. I just want to share some cool and fun—and maybe even new—craft ideas with you. And maybe I’ll even scrounge up the willpower to actually do the craft one day. Who knows?

The first craft I want to share was listed on a Buzzfeed article and was actually created by Amy over at the Milk and Cookies blog. She found a way to create awesome maps. As you can see in the picture below: 

http://milkandcookiesblog.com/geek-projects-narnia-middle-earth-doctor-who-star-trek-and-beyond/

The image links to the how-to page, but here it is again, just in case.

I’ve actually already started this craft, I simply need to finish it. If you see the bookshelf in my apartment, you would also see the maps sitting on the tops shelf. I’ve attempted to create a Narnia and a Hogwarts map (I'd take a pic, but I'm not at my apartment right now). I think they turned out pretty well. I found the wood from Walmart in the craft section, which was ridiculously expensive ($4 per piece), so I only bought two. I have maps printed for Westeros, Middle Earth, Alagaesia, and even of Erilea.

If you can think of any other cool maps I should add to this project (once I determine myself financially stable enough to buy the wood), you should let me know.

I’m hoping to get all of them done before I move out of my apartment, so I can hang them up when I get into my new one. They’ll look ridiculously cool when they’re all together. I don’t think I’ll be using any white wood, though. I don’t like the mix. Oh, and I did have the extra flaps of paper tucked behind the wood, I just Mod Podged the cut-out map on there.

What do you guys think? Yay? Nay? Maybe? Sound off in the comments.

Also, if you’d like to follow me on Pinterest, you can do so here. Or, if you just want to check out what bookish crafts I have saved so far, you can go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!