Saturday, December 26, 2015

Stacking the Shelves: The Funny Stories Edition


"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme that is hosted by Tynga's Reviews. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

I didn’t buy a single books this week! Unfortunately though, I had to pay for a $200 test, so there’s that.

So, how did I get these books, you ask. Well, I was lucky enough to win TWO giveaways. Woot! Woot!

The Wild Ones by C. Alexander London
Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson
The Tournament at Gorlan by John Flanagan
Circus Mirandus by Cassie Beasley
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir

I won all of these books from Penguin Teen’s Marie Lu Holiday Book Wish List Sweepstakes. Thank you, Penguin!!!

I also won another book:

Persuasion by Martina Boone

I got this one from Brenda Drake. Thank you, Brenda!

There’s funny stories for both of these hauls. The first story: The Penguin Teen box came at the same time a Christmas present my mom ordered came in, so my dad thought the box was something my mom had ordered online. Thus, he scooped it up and hid it in his room. When my mom went to wrap it, she was very confused because she didn’t order any of the books inside. I’m surprised they didn’t just wrap the box anyway.

The second story: I went home for Thanksgiving break when Persuasion was supposed to be delivered. However, the UPS man left no note (that I found) to say there was an attempted delivery. I had to contact UPS who said the package had already been shipped back to Barnes and Noble, but Brenda was nice enough to send it again. Thank you again, Brenda!

Oh, and be on the lookout for my Christmas haul tomorrow. I just need some time to gather it all up and take some good pictures. :)

What books have you bought/received lately?

10 comments:

  1. That's an awesome win of books. I hope you love all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm excited to get to them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to check out An Ember in the Ashes. I've heard such good things about it! I hope you enjoy your new reads and have a lovely week.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't read AEitA. I've heard good things too, but I want to wait until closer to book two's release date. Thanks for stopping by! XD

      Delete
  4. Wow, great books for you this week. I am super excited for Persuasion! I hope you enjoy your new books!
    Britt @ Spare Time book blog
    My STS: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2015/12/stacking-shelves.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go with the book winning! Brown Girl Dreaming is really beautiful. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks. I'd actually never heard of BGD before, so I'm excited to get it. :)

      Delete
  6. Yay for giveaways! I must start the Elite series... Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to start it too. *sigh* So many books to read, so little time. ;)

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!