Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Removing Icky Plastic from Used Library Books

Remember back when I hauled all of those Library Sale books? The ones with the plastic-y covers that librarians put on their books to protect them? Of course you don’t. You’ve slept since then. But it happened.

Here they are again in case you’ve forgotten:


So I said I’d show you how I got that nasty wrap stuff off. And I kind of will, but I forgot to take pictures of the actual removal process, so this is more of a Before and After than a How-to Process.

My first step was to rip off the plastic where it was glued to the end paper of the front and back covers. You can see where I did that in the pics below:



I was hoping the glue and damage spot would be less icky and large, but I won’t be able to see it when the book is closed and the book still looks pretty on the outside, as you’ll see in the next pic:


Once the front and back flaps are separated from the plastic, the plastic just splits from the cover if you unfold the plastic. Exhibit A:



All in all, I’m pretty proud of how easy the process was. I didn’t even have to use scissors. Now I’ll be able to buy whatever books I want to at the next Library Sale, no matter whether or not they’re covered in the stupid plastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!