Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Catching Up to the Goodreads Goal

I’m so ashamed of myself. I’ve never been this behind on my Goodreads goal before. In fact, I don’t think I’ve ever been behind on a Goodreads goal. I’ve always been ridiculously ahead. As you can see by my handy screenshot down there to the right.

I’ve also always managed to get to 100, even when I set my sights lower. (I set it lower one year because it was my first year of college, but I still managed to read a lot.) I actually have to set my goal lower for next year. I’m thinking 50 books instead of 100. Maybe then I’ll really get to enjoy the books, instead of just flying through them so I can knock another one off my TBR.

But back to this year’s problem. This year, I’m just not going to be able to make it to 100 books if I don’t do something drastic. And that drastic thing is… cheating.

Okay, so it’s not cheating per se; it just depends upon your interpretation of what a book is. And right now, I have to interpret it as books and novellas, otherwise, I am not going to make it. I’ve just had a lot going on this year.

I have two jobs, both of which are Monday through Thursday, I’ve been going to the gym and losing weight (so that’s a good hour every five days that I’m losing in reading time), and then of course there’s school. I’m a senior in college and I am just ridiculously overwhelmed. I’m taking mixed-credit for my major, which means I’m taking graduate and undergraduate classes, while still taking part in several organizations and being active on my blog. Can you tell that my life has just been one big mess? 


Oh, and then there’s been Netflix. I always watch Netflix towards the end of the semester. I think it’s my way of procrastinating. I can’t read when I have homework I need to focus on because I get distracted, but boy can I watch hours upon hours of television shows with no remorse. (I’m currently watching William Moseley on The Royals via Amazon Prime. :)

In order to help me reach my goal, I’ve been binge-reading novellas and only novellas for the past week and a half or so. I think I’ll keep reading a few more until I get to the 92 or 93 books-read area. 


Then, I’ll be on winter break from college and that means my jobs won’t be open since I work on campus. And that sucks because of no pay when I come back in January, but it means almost an entire month of relaxation time for me, so I can read some books that have been on my TBR shelf for a while. I really need to do this, especially since I’ve been purchasing A TON of books lately that I haven’t even been able to pick up. Ugh…

So I guess what all of this ranting and raving is for is to ask you how you feel about Goodreads goals. Do you think only book books should count? Or are you more of a if-it-has-words-on-the-page-then-it-counts kind of reader? Let me know in the comments. And I hope you reach your Goodreads goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!