Tuesday, December 22, 2015

My Top 5 Reads of 2015

It’s that time of year again. The time I look over every book I’ve read and decide which ones made a more lasting impression on me, as well as just completely knocked my socks off. 


So, for this post, I will simply be giving you exactly what the title says: My Top 5 Reads of 2015. Now, these won’t necessarily be 2015 releases; they’re just books I’ve read in 2015. Oh, and I know 2015 isn’t over yet, but I don’t plan on reading any book as awesome as these five in the next couple of weeks.

I decided to only do five books because I only had about eight or so that I even considered to be part of my Top 10, so narrowing it down to five was just easier. I do have some honorable mentions to name, though. The two books that came so very close to being in my Top 5 are, in no particular order, The Winner’s Crime by Marie Rutkoski and To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han.

Now, onto the real Top 5!
Wicked by Jennifer L. Armentrout

I don’t think any yearly reading list is complete without a JLA book in there somewhere. And while this book had a few predictable scenes, it was still a really good, fun, sexy paranormal book and I can’t wait to read the sequel. When would Torn be coming out, Ms. Armentrout? Could we dedicated and needy fans please have a date? And a cover?

To better understand why this book made it onto my Top 5, check out my review.


This book provided me with a wealth of feels. But it wasn’t just a touchy-feely kind of read. It actually made me smile. A lot. And I just really enjoy reading LGBT literature. The world needs more of it and I want to read more of it. That being said, Albertalli’s debut was a great addition to a category that needs to expand so I can read about all kinds of types of love! :)

To better understand why this book made it onto my Top 5, check out my review.

The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson

Oh, this book. I put off reading it for a long time, just because I’m getting tired of having to do the year-long wait between release dates of sequels. However, I just couldn’t take the mystery anymore. I had to know what the big deal was. And boy, did I find out. I need to get my hands on the sequels. I’ve been biding my time for the second book, just so I don’t have to wait as long, but I have a feeling it’s going to happen. Soon.

To better understand why this book made it onto my Top 5, check out my review.

The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh

How can I make you all understand the love I have for this book? I don’t even think I understand it half of the time. It’s just so lyrical and magical. Plus, the characters are all fierce and tormented and it just makes for a fantastic YA romance and fantasy read. Oh, and TEAM KHALID!

Seriously though, this book is like a smidgeon away from being my #1 pick. Maybe the second book (Why is it so far away!?) will knock it into the #1 spot for next year.

To better understand why this book made it onto my Top 5, check out my review.

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

Is anyone surprised that this is my #1 pick? Well if you are, you shouldn’t be. I’ve only gushed about it almost every day since I’ve read it. I love the world and the power system in this story. Superpowers are cool on their own, but when you add in royalty and blood types and hot boys (*cough* Cal *cough*), I just can’t handle myself. I’m ridiculously excited for Glass Sword (only a couple more months, come on Rachelle, you can make it!) and the subsequent books being released after it. 


And just FYI, I’m going to meet Victoria on Glass Sword’s release date. And get my books SIGNED! You can’t hear it, but I’m cackling to myself right now.

To better understand why this book made it onto my Top 5, check out my review.

***

Well, there you have it. Those are the best books I’ve read in 2015. Of course, these are just my opinions (but they’re the right opinions. Jk. Mostly.), so feel free to disagree. If you do disagree, or if you have other books you’d like to share some love for, feel free to do so in the comments! I love hearing about great books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!