Tuesday, December 29, 2015

My Thoughts on Star Wars: The Force Awakens

I’ve watched Star Wars: The Force Awakens twice now, so I thought I’d share some of my thoughts and feels. If you haven’t watched it, please don’t read this post unless you don’t care to get spoiled. I’ll try not to spoil anything, but I make no promises.

And, in case you have been living under a rock in the middle of nowhere for the past six months or so, here’s the trailer:


Okay, so my first point has to start with the opening scene. Did anyone else feel like bursting into tears when the music came on and the intro started scrolling up? I’m not even that big of a Star Wars fan, but I just felt so nostalgic. I also felt this way when Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’s trailer showed before the movie, even though I’d already seen it on my computer. I’m getting sappy in my old age. Hee.

I think I felt this way throughout the entire movie. It was just so surreal to see Leia, Han, Chewbacca, and the rest of the gang on the screen with the new cast. This new cast was fantastic, by the way! I think they did a great job of blending the newer feel from the prequels with the atmosphere of the original films. And Daisy Ridley as Rey is fantastic!!! Rey is an amazing, phenomenal, brilliant female character! And she’s amazing in that she isn’t feminized into being “female.” All of the women in this movie are not treated as inferiors because of their sex in any way whatsoever. Of course I don’t remember Leia or Padmé having this issue, either, so kudos to you, Star Wars. Daisy also really looks like some certain people who I won’t mention in detail. And Rey’s strength and will are just refreshing. I think she’s my new woman crush.

Finn and BB-8 were awesome. BB-8 is adorable and Finn is entertaining. I didn’t like the cast of the bad guys, for spoiler-y reasons I shall not mention beyond their appearance. But the eh-ness of the bad guys was overshadowed by the old cast. Yes, they weren’t in the prime of their lives, but they looked good.

The plot was a little bit familiar towards the ending, but the beginning was new and awesome. Rey and Finn’s mysterious origins have my family coming up with wild theories and Googling possible answers to all the questions the movie poses. The movie’s plot itself isn’t confusing in any way, but after it’s over, you keep asking who people are and why they are where they are.

All in all, you have to see this movie. It is a fantastic addition to the franchise and a fun movie to see if you don’t even know anything about the Star Wars world. I’d recommend this to EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!