Thursday, December 10, 2015

Review: Dangerous Dream by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

Dangerous Dream
(Dangerous Creatures #0.5)
Publication Date: December 17, 2013
ebook, 46 pages, HQN Books
Genres: YA, Paranormal

Catch up with Ethan, Lena, and Link as they finally graduate from high school and get ready to leave the small Southern town of Gatlin. But when Dark Caster Ridley makes an appearance, the sometime bad girl can't resist picking a fight with her sometime boyfriend, Link. Angry and rebellious as ever, Ridley ends up alone in New York City and becomes entangled in the dangerous underground Caster club scene, where the stakes are high and losers pay the ultimate price.

Where's a Linkubus when you need him?

My Review

It’s like a walk down memory lane reading this short story. It just brought back all of the feels I had as I was reading the Caster Chronicles some five or so years ago.

Ethan and Lena are still the same old cute and haunted couple they were in their own series, while Link and Ridley are apparently breaking all hell loose trying to attempt to be together…? Honestly, I’m not really sure what Ridley is doing. I don’t even think she knows half the time.

As for the plot, there were three parts to this novella. The first one was a short snippet from Ethan’s point of view, which I loved. Hearing him tell his story about graduation made me want to re-read the entire first four books of the original series! His voice is just so lyrical and melodic. I forgot how much I crushed on him during my high school years. *sigh* Oh, and Link was very funny in this section. He seriously made me giggle.

The second section was in Link’s point of view, and it was ridiculously short. Also, not a lot happened in it besides some relationship drama. The third section is where things start getting darker and weirder because Ridley takes over as the narrator. She gets herself in a sticky situation and I couldn’t help by want to scream at her the whole time. You would think the girl would learn her lesson the first dozen times or so!

All in all, this novella was short and fun. I enjoyed the first two parts more than the last one, just because it brought me back to Gatlin for a while. I’d recommend this story to anyone who is missing a little bit of Ethan and the Caster world in his or her life.


*Note: I received a copy of this book to review via Netgalley. This in no way affected my opinion/review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!