Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

This week, what's really got my pages in a twist is...

The Winner’s Kiss
(The Winner’s Trilogy #3)
Publication Date: March 1, 2016
Hardcover, 352 pages, Farrar Straus & Giroux
Genres: YA, Fantasy

War has begun. Arin is in the thick of it, with the East as his ally and the empire as his enemy. He’s finally managed to dismiss the memory of Kestrel, even if he can’t quite forget her. Kestrel turned into someone he could no longer recognize: someone who cared more for the empire than for the lives of innocent people—and certainly more than she cared for him. At least, that’s what he thinks.

But far north lies a work camp where Kestrel is a prisoner. Can she manage to escape before she loses herself? As the war intensifies, both Kestrel and Arin discover unexpected roles in battle, terrible secrets, and a fragile hope. The world is changing. The East is pitted against the West, and Kestrel and Arin are caught between. In a game like this, can anybody really win?

My Thoughts

More Arin? Yes, please. 

Okay, so I wrote this post before the cover was changed. Now I must talk about it. I am mad. Not because I don't like the new covers, because I do, I just wish they had waited to change them until AFTER all of the hardcovers had been released. Plus, I do think the covers are eerily similar to the Throne of Glass books. 

As of this moment, I'm not going to buy the third book. I've got it on hold at my library and I'll read it, but my hardcover collection will forever remain incomplete. Perhaps I'll get the new paperbacks one day, because like I said, they are pretty.

*Edit:* They changed the cover back for the hardcover. Yay! I don't know if I should keep the book on hold at the library and just buy it later or just buy it when it comes out. Decisions, decisions.

 What say you on this issue and what book are you waiting for this Wednesday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!