Sunday, March 18, 2018

My Thoughts on The Crimes of Grindelwald Trailer

I thought I’d share my thoughts and feels about the newly released Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald trailer. In case you haven’t seen it, I’ve posted it below:


Oh gosh. I waited four days to watch this trailer, just because I thought I’d be disappointed. And, while there are some disappointing elements, I’m still super pumped about this film.

I guess I’ll start this off with the negative stuff. One, as most people have pointed out already, you can't apparate onto Hogwarts’ grounds, so that’s really weird. Two, Johnny Depp is undeserving of the Harry Potter franchise and should have been replaced immediately. And three, there will be no mention of Dumbledore’s sexuality or relationship with Grindelwald in this movie, and that’s just sad.

Okay. So, other than those three things, this trailer was everything I didn’t know I wanted in the Fantastic Beasts sequel. To be honest, I thought FB was just okay. It didn’t particularly wow me or have that nostalgic quality that the original HP films do. However, this trailer did manage to give me some of that nostalgia. Maybe it’s because Hogwarts and Dumbledore are actually in this one? And they used the original HP music?

Speaking of Dumbledore, it’s weird seeing him in regular-people clothes. Shouldn’t he be in robes? I’m a little confused about the costume design in this one. Why would Dumbledore be wearing a suit when in every headmaster picture in Hogwarts the witch or wizard has robes on? It’s not a super huge thing, but it’s a little baffling to me.

Anywho, I don’t know where the plot for this particular film is going, so it’ll be exciting to see what adventures Newt and co. get into this time around. I’m also interested in seeing Newt and his brother’s family drama play out.

All in all, this film is going to have its rough patches, but I’m definitely going to be watching it. It actually releases two weeks after I’ll be seeing Cursed Child on Broadway. So, yay for a month of awesome Harry Potter times!

Oh, and just a warning, be prepared for a lot of trailer thoughts over the next week. There have been some big ones that have just been revealed, and I want to talk about them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!