Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Top Ten Books That Surprised Me

It’s Top Ten Tuesday time!

If you’re unaware, Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly original feature created by The Broke and the Bookish, and it’s now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week there’s a new Top Ten theme that the blogger responds to with their own list of answers.

This week’s theme is… *drumroll please*…

Books That Surprised Me

Since I can easily be pretty negative about books when it comes to nitpicking them, I thought it’d be a good idea to go the positive route. So I decided to talk about books that surprised me in a good way.

Please note, these are not in order of who much I liked the book; they’re in order of how surprised I was that I liked the book.

***
The Iron King

Fae stories aren’t that interesting to me, but I picked this one up in high school and I very quickly flew through the original trilogy.
The Dark World

I did NOT like Cara Lynn Shultz’s first book, so I’m not sure why I picked up this one. I loved it, though. I wish a sequel would happen.😭
Flight

A self-published YA about bird people? Huh. It was good, though.
Firelight

Read a bad review of this one, so I wasn’t expecting to like it. I should’ve picked it up sooner than I did.
Fangirl

My life in book form!
White Cat

Holly Black redeemed herself after the awfulness that was Valiant.
Devils and Thieves

This is a more recent read. Motorcycles + magic. Who knew?
Jinx

I read this standalone witch novel after Meg’s Mediator series, and this one was a random birthday gift from my sister. I just wasn’t expecting to love it so much.

The Hunger Games

I was into paranormal reads, post Twilight days whenever I first picked up The Hunger Games for book club. I didn’t think I’d like it. Ha ha.

Kindred

This is the second book in a werewolf paranormal trilogy. The first book was just good, but this second book… Wow. It blew my mind.

***

Alright, there you have it. My list of books that surprised me in a good way. What did you put on your list? Let me know in the comments section.

11 comments:

  1. I loved the black cat trilogy. I think it’s called the curse workers. Can’t remeber. Great list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. It's the Curse Workers series. Although, I don't know if it's one word or two... :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. GASP! I haven't heard someone say that in so long! I'm very confused right now. lol

      Delete
  3. OOh nice!! I read the first four picks and loved them too! Iron King was even on my list!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firelight! I really loved that book! I didn't even think to put White Cat on my list. That book really surprised me in a good way. I went into reading it fully expecting not to enjoy it and was really surprised I did. Great list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even know why I picked WC up. I think it was a bargain book, but I'm surprised it didn't just sit on my TBR for years.

      Delete
  5. I will be adding some of the books you've listed to my ever growing reading wishlist!!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: https://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2018/03/top-ten-tuesday-books-that-surprised-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad The Hunger Games was a good surprise for you!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/03/13/top-ten-tuesday-150/

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!