Thursday, March 8, 2018

2018 Movies I Plan to See in Theaters

I didn’t have a bookish post planned for today, so I thought I’d just share with you what movies I plan on seeing in theaters in 2018.


Before I get started with the movies I plan to watch, I just thought I’d let everyone know that I’ve already seen Black Panther this year. It’s the only film I’ve gone to see in theaters in 2018 so far. If you want to read my thoughts on the film, you can check out my post.

Oh, and you all should also know that this list is in no way concrete. It may change based on life events. I also should warn everyone that I rarely see films that aren’t either a superhero film or a Disney film. Just FYI.

Okay, now on to the list.

Number one on my list of films to see is…

Avengers: Infinity War

Umm… Do I need to say anything for this one? This is the cumulation of ten years of Marvel Cinematic Universe films! It’s going to feature all the supers in one two-hour film! I’m so excited to see it. I’m even going home to Missouri to see it with my Dad. Thank goodness, the release date moved up to April 27th, otherwise, that wouldn’t have been possible.

Now, the rest of these aren’t in any particular order. I just want to see them.

The Incredibles II

I was part of the core audience whenever the first film released, so you can bet I’ll be seeing this one in theaters. I’m a little disappointed by the trailer, though. I’m not a fan of the dad-struggling-to-babysit-his-own-kids theme. It’s ridiculous. So I’m hoping there’s more to this sequel than meets the eye.

Ant-Man and the Wasp

This one has some obvious spoilers for Infinity War. I mean, Ant-Man probably doesn’t bite it if he has his own film releasing a few months later. Even so, I am excited to see Evangeline Lily kick butt as the Wasp. She looks great.

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

I don’t know what to say about this one. I’m going to see it when it releases, but gosh do I not want to support Johnny Depp in any capacity. I can’t believe the producers and J.K. Rowling let him stay in the film. Ugh! Way to kill the magic.

***

Okay, well, those are the films I definitely plan to see in theaters this year. There are also some that I’m so-so on whether or not I’ll see. It just depends on what’s going on in my life (aka if I have money and if I’m not being lazy).

For the maybes, I have a short list:

Deadpool 2
Christopher Robin
X-Men: Dark Phoenix

Deadpool wasn’t that revolutionary to me, so I’m okay with waiting for the sequel to come out on DVD, same with Dark Phoenix. If it’s not in the MCU, I’m kind of okay with letting it go. Hopefully, Disney reboots all the X-Men films once it owns Sony. As for Christopher Robin, it looks so sad! If I see it in theaters, I may bawl my eyeballs out!

That’s my list of 2018 movies I plan to see in theaters, what are yours?

5 comments:

  1. So all those are a yes for me. Hopefully. I have seen all the avengers in theaters and don’t plan to stop. Same with X-men. I love my superhero movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Superhero movies are the only kind of movies. ;)

      Delete
  2. I haven't been to the movies in a couple of years but Incredibles 2 is tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is the intent to provide valuable information and best practices, including an understanding of the regulatory process. utorrent Movies

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!