Saturday, March 17, 2018

Stacking the Shelves: The Underbudget Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Man, this week has just gotten away from me. I just caught up on blog comments, and I haven’t been to the gym as much as I should have. I think it has something to do with losing an hour. But, I am glad that when I step outside before and after work, it’s still light out. It boosts my spirits and energy. So yay for sunlight and books!

Hello Stranger by Lisa Kleypas
Last Year by Robert Charles Wilson (ARC)
The Rising by Heather Graham and Jon Land (ARC)
Blood Vow by J.R. Ward

Okay, so this week featured another unexpectedly large book haul. Hello Stranger is a book I won over at Carole’s Random Life blog in a giveaway she hosted for Avon. Last Year and The Rising are more of those ARCs I didn’t want to recycle at work; thus, I took them home. I still have a few left that I need to bring back, though, so be prepared for next week’s haul containing some more ARCs. I borrowed Blood Vow from the library.

Lifeblood & Everlife by Gena Showalter

I also randomly decided to buy Lifeblood and Everlife when I saw how cheap Lifeblood was on Amazon. It was $7.75 for the hardcover! So yes, I ordered both books. Because I’m weak. However, they’re the only books I’ve bought so far this month, which means I’m at $20.50 out of $75 for my book-buying budget. Whoop! Whoop!

The Raging Ones by Krista and Becca Ritchie

This one is a NetGalley ARC that I already finished. I’ll have a review up closer to its release date.

What books have you bought/received lately?

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on the win of Hello Stranger!! I am happy for you!
    I have JR Ward on my want to read list also, nice books you have!!
    https://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2018/03/stacking-shelves_16.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JR Ward is a good one. At least, for 90% of her books.

      Delete
  2. Ooh nice new reads! Some new to me ones there! Congrats on the win!!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice books. Hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m so tired from the time change! It’s nuts. I need my sleep. Enjoy your new books!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm tired, but the sunlight makes me happy. :)

      Delete
  5. I want to get my hands on Lisa Kleypas book! I am in love with the cover. I hope you have a great week of reading.

    Mary #SundayRoundup #10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Lisa's books yet. This will be my first one.

      Delete
  6. I am happy to see that Hello Stranger did make its way to you. I hope you like that one and all of your other new books. I really feel like this week slipped away from me as well. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It got to me super early. I think it showed up at my apartment on Friday, the day after you emailed me. I wasn't expecting it to be so fast.

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!