Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Top Ten Favorite Book Quotes

It’s Top Ten Tuesday time!

If you’re unaware, Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly original feature created by The Broke and the Bookish, and it’s now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week there’s a new Top Ten theme that the blogger responds to with their own list of answers.

This week’s theme is… *drumroll please*…

Favorite Book Quotes

The last time I posted about my favorite book quotes was August 2014, so I guess this is overdue. However, I don’t really keep track of quotes from books very often; thus, a lot of my faves haven’t changed since then.

***
“Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic.” –J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone

“I never thought it was fair that anatomy decided what my brain was fit for.”
― C.J. Redwine, Defiance

“Her conviction wavered further. “I told you; don’t try to own me.”
“I don’t want to own you.”
She swiveled her neck to meet his gaze. “Then never speak of sending me away again. I am not yours to do with as you will.”
Khalid’s features smoothed knowingly. “How right you are. You are not mine.” He dropped his palm from the door. “I am yours.”
― Renee Ahdieh, The Wrath and the Dawn

“Logan Quinn was the kind of guy who could stab me in the eye with a freaking Twizzler.” –
Jennifer Estep, Touch of Frost

“You know,” Cole said. “My mom once told me a boy would know he’d become a man when he stopped putting himself first. She said a girl would come along and I wouldn’t be able to get her out of my mind. She said this girl would frustrate me, confuse me, and challenge me, but she would also make me do whatever was necessary to be a better man–the man she needed. With you, I want to be better. I want to be what you need. Tell me what you need.” – Gena Showalter, Through the Zombie Glass

“Happily ever after, or even just together ever after, is not cheesy,” Wren said. “It’s the noblest, like, the most courageous thing two people can shoot for.” – Rainbow Rowell, Fangirl

“Just... isn't giving up allowed sometimes? Isn't it okay to say, ‘This really hurts, so I’m going to stop trying’?”
“It sets a dangerous precedent.”
“For avoiding pain?”
“For avoiding life.”
– Rainbow Rowell, Fangirl

“You’ve read the books?”
“I’ve seen the movies.”
Cath rolled her eyes so hard, it hurt. (Actually.) (Maybe because she was still on the edge of tears. On the edge, period.) “So you haven’t read the books.”
“I’m not really a book person.”
“That might be the most idiotic thing you’ve ever said to me.”
 – Rainbow Rowell, Fangirl

“To really be a nerd, she'd decided, you had to prefer fictional worlds to the real one.” – Rainbow Rowell, Fangirl

“I love your brother, Maven. You were right. You are only a shadow, and who looks at shadows when they have flame? Who would ever choose a monster over a god?” –Victoria Aveyard, King’s Cage

***

Alright, there you have it. My list of favorite quotes. What did you put on your list? Let me know in the comments section.

10 comments:

  1. I love the quotes from Fangirl, I haven't read it yet, but I Feel like I can totally relate!
    Great quotes!

    Here's our Tuesday posts!
    Teaser Tuesday: http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2018/03/teaser-tuesday-numbers-by-rachel-ward.html
    Top Ten Tuesday: http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2018/03/top-ten-tuesday-lets-quote.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fangirl is like every book nerd's life in book form. :)

      Delete
  2. Great quotes!! I loved Fangirl and you picked some really great ones :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoh nice ones!!! I SOOO need to get caught up with Victoria's series!! So behind on Red Queen!!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to do a Red Queen reread before War Storm, but I just don't think it'll happen. :(

      Delete
  4. I had the Harry Potter quote on my list this week too! Also that last Fangirl quote made me laugh :)
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/03/06/top-ten-tuesday-149/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured almost everyone would have at least one HP quote on their list. ;)

      Delete
  5. Harry Potter is my favorite one here!!
    https://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2018/03/top-ten-tuesday-book-quotes.html

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!