Saturday, March 3, 2018

Stacking the Shelves: The Wicked Midnight Heart Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

This week has been an okay one. Nothing bad going on, but nothing super fantastically awesome happened either. Although, I did go to my bajillionth signing of 2018. I should already have a recap post up, but if I don’t, stay tuned. :)

Heart of Iron by Ashley Poston

I went to Ashley Poston’s NYC launch event for Heart of Iron. Melissa Grey was also there, so I got my copy of The Girl at Midnight signed. (I’d already bought TGaM prior to the event.)

Ashley Poston had character cards there. I LOVE character cards! I’m actually looking to collect some cards for as many books as possible. I know Furyborn is probably getting them, but I want the cards for Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. So, if you have any of these, and you’re interested in a trade, let me know. I’ll see if there’s something I can work out.

The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw
Reign of the Fallen by Sara Glenn Marsh

I actually didn’t buy these two books. The Wicked Deep was a fun surprise from my roommate, and Reign of the Fallen is a library book. I’ll probably end up buying this one for myself anyway, though.


As for the Six of Crows ones, I would love to have them. I do already own the one in the right-hand bottom corner, though. So if anyone has these and would like to set up a trade or something, please let me know. I will love you forever!

What books have you bought/received lately?

13 comments:

  1. Ooo, I love those HoI character cards! It's awesome that they're becoming more popular as preorder incentives and whatnot. I so wish there had been some easier way to get the Six of Crows ones. Best of luck with your collection!

    Have a lovely weekend, Rachelle. =)

    Check out my post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I wish publishers would just sell the cards. It would make life so much easier. :(

      Delete
  2. OOh nice!! I am pretty intrigued with The Wicked Deep! I was going to review it on Netgalley but then just decided I wanted to buy a copy because wow! That cover is gorgeous! Especially underneath! Hope you enjoy all your new lovelies!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a beautiful book! I never would have picked it up unless my roommate gave me a copy, but I'm so happy to add it to my shelves!

      Delete
  3. I wish we had more author events around here. They’re always so much fun.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been to an author event. I would love to go to one. Enjoy the new reads! I am riding out the storm that took out our power at a friends. So surreal looking at all the downed trees and power lines cut in half. They say we won't have power to our area till Wednesday!! Have a good Sunday!

    Mary #SundayRoundup #8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww. I hope you get to go to an author event soon. And yeah, I'm currently in my Brooklyn apartment, bundled up away from the crazy wind.

      Delete
  5. I hope to read Reign of the Fallen soonish. I hope you get the character cards that you are looking for very soon. Enjoy your new books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm currently reading that one. I hope I can get it done soon.

      Delete
  6. I cant wait to read Wicked Deep and I've had a friend tell me I'd really enjoy Fallen Reign. Great haul this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Wicked Deep sounds like a spooky story. I think I'll hold off reading it until October, if I can. ;)

      Delete
  7. I haven't been to an author event in some time since the last one happened to be close to my town. We hardly ever get them in the south. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!