Saturday, March 24, 2018

Stacking the Shelves: The No More Snow Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Oh, man. This week sucked. Between family drama and it snowing for the umpteenth time, I’m just ready for this month to be over. I mean, it snowed on the first day of spring! Granted, I’ve seen snow in the middle of April before, but I haven’t had to walk in it in a dirty city before. Blugh.

Just a heads up, I may or may be taking a blogging break in April. Between the family issues and trying to participate in Camp NaNoWriMo, I’m just kind of feeling a little meh about the blog. I’ve got some things scheduled, so maybe I can muster up enough umph to keep posting throughout the month. We shall see.

Fireblood by Elly Blake
Stranded by Bracken Macleod

It was a pretty low-key book week this week. I took another ARC home from work, and last Friday during my lunch hour, I bought a copy of Fireblood from Barnes & Noble. I was going to get a copy of Frostblood too, but I couldn’t justify dropping $40 on two books. I think I’ll just order that one and the upcoming sequel online.

Oh, and my B&N purchase has me at $40.50 for my book-buying budget. I have $34.50 left to spend, and I don't really think I'm going to be spending that much, if any of it, next week.

What books have you bought/received lately?

25 comments:

  1. Enjoy your new books. We've had unexpected snow where I am, so I know the feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh nice! I really enjoyed Fireblood and cannot wait for the finale! Though had a moment of devastation last week--I think it was--when I got the email saying the release date was pushed from early June to late August! Devastating! Lol! Happy Reading!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh. I didn't hear anything about the release date. Guess I'll put off reading Fireblood for a while longer.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I hear you on the weather issue. Hope the new week is better for you. Enjoy your latest haul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's getting better now at least. I just hope the snow stops.

      Delete
  4. Hope the family drama dies down soon - it can be the worst. We had snow on the first day of spring too so I'm hoping that our snow is over for the season as well. Of course, I guess I am lucky as I didn't get hardly anywhere near what others did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stayed home, so at least I didn't have to walk in it. But still. Gross.

      Delete
  5. I need to get to Fireblood myself. I hope everything with the family settles down so you can enjoy the upcoming month. Sorry it was snowing on Spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't read it, but I'm glad I have a copy.

      Delete
  6. I don't think I could stop myself from spending -so congrats on keeping your budget. Good luck with Camp NaNoWriNo!!
    https://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2018/03/stacking-shelves_24.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm pretty proud of not spending. Still one week left in March though.

      Delete
  7. Sorry about the snow and the drama. I’m thinking about taking a blogging break next month for similar reasons. I hope you love your new books! I have Stranded sitting on my TBR shelf. I’ve heard good things about it.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the blogging thing works out for you next month.

      Delete
  8. Yay for sticking to your budget! Sometimes just making a goal official works. I really need to read Fireblood since I loved Frostblood.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about your rough week. I hope things get better for you. Also, I hope you enjoy your new books in the meantime!

    Here’s my Stacking the Shelves!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so ready for Spring but we still have a lot of snow. It's okay to take a break if you need it, don't worry about that. It's better than to have things pile up and break down. I hope your family issues will be solved and good luck with NaNo camp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Family drama sucks. Spring has been elusive here too. Hope your upcoming week is better!

    Weekly Wrap-Up

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes you need a break, I hope the family drama gets better. I hope you feel like blogging again after your mini-break. Happy Spring (if it ever get there).

    Mary my #SundayRoundup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think winter will ever end here. It's like Westeros. #Winteriscoming. Yikes.

      Delete
  13. I really hope that your family drama settles down soon. I can imagine how it can go downhill.

    Seems like a nice haul. I hope you enjoy all of your new books :)

    My STS: http://flippingthruthepages.com/2018/03/stacking-the-shelves-20/

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!