Sunday, March 4, 2018

February Wrap-up and March TBR

Guys. Guys! I’m doing my first wrap-up post today. This is both exciting and weird. I also don’t know if I’ll continue doing wrap-ups, but we shall see.

Since I’ve never done one of these before, I’m going to briefly outline what I’ll be discussing. In the wrap-up portion, I’ll list the books I read, the books I reviewed, the events I went to, the books I bought/received, and the status of my book budget for the month of February. For the TBR portion, I’ll list what books I plan to read in March as well as what events I plan to attend this month. Now, let’s get this bookish party started!

Books Read and Reviewed in February


 Immortal Reign: 4/5 stars
Frost Like Night: 4/5 stars
Illuminae: 3/5 stars

Events Attended in February

I only went to one event last month, and it was Ashley Poston’s Heart of Iron NYC launch event at Books of Wonder with Melissa Grey. You can read all about it in my recap post.

Books Bought in February


I bought Immortal Reign, Heart of Iron, Blood and Iron, Leviathan Wakes, Ruin, The Traitor Prince, The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue, and An Ember in the Ashes (ebook). Oh, I also just bought a fantasy writing book to help me with my story writing, but it won’t come in for another week or so.

Also, a Book Outlet order came in this month, but I actually purchased it in January, so I’m not counting it in this month’s budget.

Books I Received for Free in February


I received The Wicked Deep, Let’s Talk About Love, Song of Blood and Stone (ARC), Sightwitch, The Oddling Prince (NetGalley copy), The Eye of the World (ebook), Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy (ARC), The Raging Ones (ebook), and The Death Cure (not pictured because of reasons).

I borrowed Reign of the Fallen, Exquisite Captive, Frost Like Night (not pictured), Illuminae (not pictured), and Luna: Moon Rising from the library.

Book Budget Status for February

I was actually in a good place in February. I was under budget for the month with roughly $15 to spare. Woohoo! Thank goodness I had Barnes & Noble gift cards and book store coupons.

Currently Reading in March


I borrowed this one from work. I’m about halfway through right now.

March TBR


These are the books I would like to get to in March, especially Traitor to the Throne and Reign of the Fallen. Traitor because the Alwyn Hamilton signing is this month, and Reign because I don’t know if I’ll be able to renew it when it’s due sometime next week.

March Events


March 14th at 6 p.m., I will be meeting Alwyn Hamilton for the second time.

***

Okay, well, that’s the month of February, plus some March sneak peeks, all wrapped up into one post. Do you have a wrap-up post for this month? If so, share in the comments!

6 comments:

  1. Illuminae was great. Do you think you'll read Gemina?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll read it some day. Not anytime super soon, though.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on being under budget-thats not always easy!! Love B &N, just ordered a book, and it's already shipped!! Have a great March!!
    http://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2018/03/stacking-shelves.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a B&N within a five-minute walking distance from my office. It's so tempting to go there every day during my lunch hour.

      Delete
  3. I love wrap up posts! I actually find myself going back to see where I was on goals at the end of previous months. You had a really good February and how exciting that you get to see Alwyn Hamilton again. She was so nice when me met her before. Have a great March!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely forgot that you were there for that event!

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!