Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday: Heart of Thorns by Bree Barton

 "Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

This week, what's really got my pages in a twist is...

Heart of Thorns
(Heart of Thorns #1)
Publication Date: July 31, 2018
Hardcover, 464 pages, Katherine Tegen Books
Genres: YA, Fantasy

In the ancient river kingdom, touch is a battlefield, bodies the instruments of war. Seventeen-year-old Mia Rose has pledged her life to hunting Gwyrach: women who can manipulate flesh, bones, breath, and blood.

Not women. Demons. The same demons who killed her mother without a single scratch.

But when Mia's father suddenly announces her marriage to the prince, she is forced to trade in her knives and trousers for a sumptuous silk gown. Only after the wedding goes disastrously wrong does she discover she has dark, forbidden magic—the very magic she has sworn to destroy.

My Thoughts

Gosh. This is like the fifth fantasy book I’ve posted in the past couple of months’ Waiting on Wednesdays that I know very little about. I guess I’m just super into going into my YA fantasy books blind. But, there’s a prince in this one, so I’m definitely excited to read it.

What book are you waiting for this Wednesday?

1 comment:

  1. Ooh nice! Seeing this one around a bit lately! Hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!