Sunday, May 6, 2018

My Thoughts on Avengers: Infinity War

It’s time for me to share my thoughts and feels about Avengers: Infinity War!!! In case you haven’t seen it, I’ve posted the trailer below. But why haven’t you seen it?! It’s only the biggest movie in the world!


Okay, first thing to note is how awesomely epic this film is. I had pretty high expectations for this movie, and it met most of them and surpassed others. All of the characters are intermingled well, and the plot, despite being based off a comic, is actually difficult to guess at. There are a lot of surprises in this one.

First, though, I’m going to keep on that discussion about characters. There are so freakin’ many in this movie! Of course, there are the original Avengers, the Guardians, the newbie Avengers, and all of Thanos’s crew. Even though the Guardians are not on Earth, they fit in perfectly with the characters they team up with. There’s so much witty banter and crazy hijinks! It also seemed like every character got a moment to shine, even if they weren’t one of the more prominent members.

Speaking of more prominent members, Thor! Thor is my favorite Avenger (followed closely by Cap, and then, probably Scarlet Witch). I’m just super excited for his storyline. I can’t wait to see what pans out for all of them in next year’s movie.

As for the plot, it was just all over the place! In a good way. Thanos is a really good villain. Some of his moments were a little predictable, but the lengths he went to to achieve those moments were crazy! He’s by far the most developed of the MCU villains. And this movie makes the film his superhero story.

One thing I also have to discuss before I wrap this post up is my thoughts about the CGI. The CGI was incredible 95% of the time. There were only a few instances when I was startled by it. One of those instances was kind of jarring though. I was a little baffled that Marvel would do such a bad job in that one scene. Otherwise, though, there was only one bad guy (bad girl, technically) who I thought should have been CGI-ed in a Hulk- or Thanos-esque manner—meaning using the actress’s face as a basis for the CGI instead of building an entirely new CGI face. But, really, with how fantastic the graphics were in this film, I can forgive them for having a screw up or two.

All in all, Avengers: Infinity War is the movie of the year. It’s the culmination of ten years’ worth of MCU films, and it’s a blast of good jokes, awesome action scenes, and wonderful characters coming together onscreen for the very first time. Just please go see it before someone spoils it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!