Saturday, May 19, 2018

Stacking the Shelves: The I Took a Break Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

I decided to take a bit of a blogging break this past week. I just wasn’t in the mood to post. I wasn’t reading, so finding post ideas was difficult. The good thing is that I’ve been reading a bunch of books since my break, so I’ll have more reviews and content to keep me going.

Other than the blog break, it’s been a pretty average week. I sign up for autograph tickets for BookCon today, but that’s pretty much all that’s going on in my life right now.

War Storm by Victoria Aveyard
A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas
Onyx & Ivory by Mindee Arnett

I preordered War Storm and Onyx & Ivory a few weeks ago. I’m currently reading War Storm right now, but it’s gigantic! I don’t know when I’ll finish the darn thing. As for ACOFAS, it was on the Take Shelf at work, so I took it. ;)

Vol. 1, 2, and 4 of Buffy Season 9

I’m almost done with season eight of the Buffy comics, and I didn’t want to spend a lot of money trying to buy the rest of the volumes. After all, I have three more seasons to go just to catch up to season 12! So, to make things cheap for myself, I decided to check out as many of the comics as I could from the library. Unfortunately, they don’t have the final season nine volume, but volume three should also be in my hands soon. It’s just taking longer than the others for the hold to go through.

What books have you bought/received lately?

6 comments:

  1. Oooooh Buffy! I don't know why but lately I've been thinking a lot about the series. I'd love to read those comics!

    My STS

    Happy Reading! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even remember what started me on my re-obsession with the series. It just popped into me like two months ago, and now I can't stop.

      Delete
  2. Ooh nice! I still need to read ACOFAS and I need to get caught up with the Red Queen series...I read book 1 and then promptly decided to wait to read the rest because I was hearing the dreaded c-word! *cliffhangers LOL!

    Hope you enjoy all your new reads!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I wish I'd waited so I could binge them all. I'd like to go back and re-read, but it'd just take way too long.

      Delete
  3. Alot of people got War Storm this week, I hope you like it, and sometimes a break is what you need!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm reading WS right now! I'm only 90 pages in, but it's good so far. :)

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!