Saturday, May 5, 2018

Stacking the Shelves: The Vacation Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

I’m on vacation as I’m writing this post, so this will definitely be a short one. I’m doing the bare minimum amount of effort here.😉

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Watcher’s Guide
The Darkest Promise by Gena Showalter

I knew I was going to Wal-Mart (which they don’t have in NYC), so I decided to pick up a mass market copy of The Darkest Promise to match my other books. As for the Buffy book, I bought it off of Book Outlet a few weeks ago. I had it delivered to my parents’ house because I knew I was coming home soon. I’ve skimmed its pages, and I’m honestly kind of disappointed. It’s basically just an episode recap, and it doesn’t even cover all of the episodes! Oh well, at least it was cheap…

What books have you bought/received lately?

14 comments:

  1. I love making book series match! :-) I hope you enjoy your new reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. It bummed me out that they started releasing this series in hardcover after all the others were MM. At least they eventually come out with the MM, though.

      Delete
  2. I like the Gena Showalter book, I haven't read her yet!! Have a fun time on vacation!!

    https://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2018/05/stacking-shelves.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should read Gena's YA White Rabbit Chronicles series! It's awesome!

      Delete
  3. Ugh too bad the Buffy book is disappointing. I'm a huge Buffy fan so I'd definitely be disappointed as well. =/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was just ok. The cover is cool, though!

      Delete
  4. I love Buffy and that cover is so pretty, but sad to hear it is disappointing :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very pretty. I just wish it had more content. :(

      Delete
  5. Oh bummer about the Buffy book! I thought that one looked like fun! Well, I guess I will definitely be passing on it now! But yay for Gena's book! At least that one was a win! :D

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Buffy book. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so disappointing about the Buffy book, I used to be a huge fan of the series.

    Hope Gena's book make up for it.

    Angelica @ Paperback Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gena's books are usually solid 3-5 star reads.

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!