Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday: City of Lies by Sam Hawke

 "Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

This week, what's really got my pages in a twist is...

City of Lies
(Poison Wars #1)
Publication Date: July 3, 2018
Paperback, 512 pages, Tor Books
Genres: YA, Fantasy

This amazing epic fantasy debut is perfect for fans of Robin Hobb and Naomi Novik.

I was seven years old the first time my uncle poisoned me... Outwardly, Jovan is the lifelong friend of the Chancellor’s charming, irresponsible Heir. Quiet. Forgettable. In secret, he's a master of poisons and chemicals, trained to protect the Chancellor’s family from treachery. When the Chancellor succumbs to an unknown poison and an army lays siege to the city, Jovan and his sister Kalina must protect the Heir and save their city-state.

But treachery lurks in every corner, and the ancient spirits of the land are rising...and angry.

My Thoughts

I’m hoping that by the time this post actually goes up, that I’ve already read and loved this one. There’s an ARC of City of Lies that sits behind my desk at work that I’ve had my eye on for some time. I want to read it very badly. It just sounds so good!

Plus, it’s a book I don’t have to pay for, so that’s always nice. ;)

What book are you waiting for this Wednesday?

1 comment:

  1. oh this sounds really good. running to my tbr to add it now!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!