Sunday, May 13, 2018

My Thoughts on the War Storm Book Trailer

In case you know nothing about YA fantasy books, Victoria Aveyard’s finale to the Red Queen series, War Storm, releases this week. I already have it pre-ordered and am super excited to devour the 600-page monster, but I thought I’d also share my thoughts on trailer Epic Reads released.  I’ve posted it below for those who’d like to watch it.


Obviously, this trailer isn’t blockbuster-made, but the quotes were intriguing. Some of the lines even gave me chills, despite the actors’ bad delivery. (And let’s be honest, none of the actors were that great.) I was impressed with the powers aspect, though. The water CGI was really good.

Okay, I’ll stop analyzing the quality of the trailer and get back to its content. Sadly, I don’t remember everyone’s names, so I’m not sure who the first girl is in the video. It might be Iris? (I’m going to need to check out a recap post of the past two books before reading War Storm.) Her “borrowed time” and “stolen thrones” line was head-scratching-worthy though.

The second person in the video is obviously Maven. (Boo! Hiss!) I do hope he’s talking about seeing Cal again. Obviously the other person he’s discussing is Mare, but I would really like for the two brothers to duke it out in this book. I actually would rather Mare not fight Maven at all.

Evangeline’s line was short, so not expecting a huge presence from her in the finale. Oh and the guy that is supposed to be Cal in this video. No. Just no. That is not a good representation of Cal. The line for him has me worried a little, though. Don’t get too power-hungry Cal! And then same for Mare, only she’s less power-hungry and more a martyr-type.

All in all, there’s a lot going on in this trailer. I don’t want to dissect the lines too much because I want things to surprise me when I read the actual book on Tuesday, but I’m definitely ready to get my hands on War Storm. Right. Now!

What about you? Are you waiting for War Storm to release? Did you like the trailer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!