Thursday, May 3, 2018

April Wrap-Up and May TBR

My third wrap-up post. Wow. Lucky number three. I actually think these are my favorite out of all the posts I write. I just like the look of them when I go back through my blog.

In the wrap-up portion, I’ll list the books I read, the books I reviewed, the events I went to, the books I bought/received, and the status of my book budget for the month of April. For the TBR portion, I’ll list what books I plan to read in May. Now, let’s get this bookish party started!

Books Read and Reviewed in April

The Royals: Review will be posted May 4th
Bloody Fury: 3/5 stars
Hero at the Fall

Only three books this month. Maybe four… I’m pre-scheduling this post, so I might have finished another in the month of April. I may or may not remember to add it to this post, if so. I did read a lot of fanfiction this month, though.

Books Bought in April


I only bought five books this month: Ash Princess by Laura Sebastian, The Queen’s Rising by Rebecca Ross, Hounded by Kevin Hearne, and The Royal We by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan. I also bought a Buffy book from Book Outlet that I had shipped home to my parents’ house. It’ll be in this week’s Stacking the Shelves.

Books I Received for Free in April


All of the ARCs + The Handsome Girl and Her Beautiful Boy and The Traitor’s Kiss were ones I picked up from work. I also received Kiss of the Royal and Geekerella via NetGalley.

Book Budget Status for April

This month was more expensive than I was hoping for, but mostly, it had to do with buying two $20 books for two different signing events. Those two were The Queen’s Rising ($19) and Ash Princess ($21). Hounded, the ebook, was $2.99 and The Royal We was $1.99. My Buffy Book Outlet book was a little under $15. This came to a total of roughly $60, so I’m still underbudget.

However, I also bought BookCon tickets this month, so that was an extra $75. Now, I’m not going to count the tickets towards my budget, but it was an extra amount spent on bookish-related things this month.

Events Attended in April

There were two bookish events I attended this month, and one movie event.


The bookish events were Rebecca Ross’s and Laura Sebastian’s NYC signings.

Once again, I’m pre-writing this, so as of this moment, I haven’t seen Infinity War, but I’m 88% certain I’ll have watched it before the end of April.

Currently Obsessed With

This hasn’t changed much. I’m still re-watching Buffy and reading a lot of fanfiction. I’m also very eager for Infinity War (I should have watched it by the time this post goes up), so I’ve been watching some cast interviews.


I’m also re-watching Supernatural right now in preparation for the thirteenth season being released on Netflix soon. I’m only on season one, so there’s no way I can catch up before then, but I’m going to give it my best shot.

Currently Reading in May


I have to read Geekerella since it was sent to me as a review copy. But, as of the moment I’m writing this post, I’m not reading anything else.

May TBR


Geekerella and Kiss of the Royal are review books I want to finish. However, War Storm is going to be released soon, so that’s numero uno on my list. Other than those three, I’m hoping to keep myself open to whatever book floats my boat. I am hoping that I'll pick up the Buffy Season 8 comic and Adrienne Young's Sky in the Deep, though.

***

Okay, well, that’s the month of April, plus some May sneak peeks, all wrapped up into one post. Do you have a wrap-up post for this month? If so, share in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. I think everyone is reading "Royal" books in May!! (I don't have any ,,yet)LOL. I like doing wrap ups also! I loved seeing your signed books-very nice!! Have a great May!!

    https://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2018/05/april-wrap-up-post.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to read a few more Royal books this summer. The one I did read made me crave the genre. :)

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!