Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday: Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

This week, what's really got my pages in a twist is...

Sky in the Deep
Publication Date: April 24, 2018
Hardcover, 352 pages, Wednesday Books
Genres: YA, Fantasy

Seventeen-year-old Eelyn’s world is war. Raised to fight alongside her Aska clansmen in a generations-old blood feud against the Riki, her life is brutal but simple: fight and survive. Until the day she sees the impossible on the battlefield—her brother, fighting with the enemy—the brother she watched die five years ago.

Faced with her brother's betrayal, she must survive the winter in the mountains with the Riki if she wants to make it back to the fjord after the thaw. But when she begins to see herself in the people she's been taught to hate, the world Eelyn once knew begins to crumble. And after the village is raided by a ruthless clan many believe to be a myth, Eelyn is given no choice but to trust Fiske, her brother’s friend who has tried more than once to kill her. Together, they must end the blood feud between their clans or watch their people be slaughtered.

A lush, Viking-age inspired fantasy about loyalty, forgiveness, and the definition of family.

My Thoughts

This cover is so freakin’ pretty! And that description isn’t half bad either. I used to watch Vikings the television show once upon a time, and I really enjoyed it. Thus, I’m very much looking forward to this book. I’m not sure if this is a series, though, or just a standalone. I’m crossing my fingers for a series, just because multiple books with this cover concept would be amazing!

What book are you waiting for this Wednesday?

2 comments:

  1. This is one I am keeping an eye on! Seeing lots of buzz over it though I remain hesitant. But definitely can't wait to read the reviews to help me decide!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I saw a couple of reviews that made me hesitant, but I'm still going to give it a try

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!