Saturday, February 3, 2018

Stacking the Shelves: The Earth, Death, and Frost Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Well, I went to two more signings this past week. BUT, I only bought one book for myself. The other book was a gift. I went to Melissa Albert and Holly Black’s NYC Barnes and Noble event, and since I’m not 100%  I’ll like The Cruel Prince (fairy books aren’t my thing), I just got a signed copy for my roommate’s birthday, not for myself. Oh, and I also got a few books for free.

The Death Cure by James Dashner
Exquisite Captive and Blood Passage by Heather Demetrios
Frost Like Night by Sara Raasch


Three of these books were from the library. And surprise, surprise, I actually already own all three of them. They’re just at my parents’ house. So, since I’ve been wanting to re-read Exquisite Captive in order to read Blood Passage and, eventually, Freedom’s Slave, I just borrowed them from my library. The same with Frost Like Night except I only need to read the last book.

As for The Death Cure, my roommate, who now has a temp job at Scholastic, saw this one on their take shelves and gave it to me, simply because I mentioned that I’m going to see the movie. It was nice of her to think of me, but now I’ll need the whole series to match. Eek. I also never planned on finishing the series after reading The Maze Runner and determining that the movies are better.

Reign the Earth by A.C. Gaughen


This is the book I got at the second signing of the week. A.C. Gaughen was at Books of Wonder, and I knew I had to go. I really enjoyed her Scarlet trilogy, so I had to support such an awesome author. I’m excited to get to this one, although, I don’t know if it will be anytime soon…

All in all, it wasn’t too shabby of a week. I bought one book with some coupons, so it was only $16 or so. And I fully plan on spending as little as possible on books in February. I bought waaaaay too many in January. I actually have a Book Outlet order that should be here sometime today. Oops.

What books have you bought/received lately?

8 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy your new books! I also bought way too many books in January. I have to slow down before my TBR shelf collapses and kills me. :)

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your library is the best! :) Have fun reading the books you got.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul and how cool you were able to find what you needed at the library. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually put these ones on hold, so they were shipped directly to my nearest library branch.

      Delete
  4. I have checked books out from the library that I already had before. I couldn't comfortably read the small print so I grabbed the large print edition from the library. I hope you enjoy all of these, Rachelle!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!