Saturday, February 10, 2018

Stacking the Shelves: The I Like Fat Books Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

This week has been pretty quiet. There’s nothing super crazy going on, and I’ve just been chillin’ for the most part—minus the Book Outlet package that’s gone missing in the mail. Oh, and one of my most anticipated books of the year has finally come into my hands this week!

Immortal Reign by Morgan Rhodes

I feel like I’ve waited a thousand years for this thing. I think it’s because this was the first book in the series that I had to wait a year plus for. But, the day of its release, I went to Barnes & Noble during my lunch hour and picked it up with my Christmas gift card. This excursion led to poor life decisions, as you can see below.

Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare (ARC)
Blood and Iron by Jon Sprunk
Ruin by John Gwynne
Leviathan Wakes by James S.A. Corey

Okay, so obviously I didn’t buy the Shadowhunter ARC from Barnes & Noble. I got that from my roommate. As for the other three titles, though, they were in the bargain section. The bargain section at the Union Square B&N is amazing! In the Midwest, there’s usually just a small table full of adult icky books and rows of cookbooks in the bargain sections. At this B&N, there were fantasy, romance, young adult, and all kinds of other books.

I really shouldn’t have gone over there. Because now, I have three more fat books to add to my bookcase. I mean, look at these things! I could knock someone out with them! I’ve got to be more careful. I’m running out of room on my shelves, and I still have that Book Outlet order coming in some time…

What books have you bought/received lately?

12 comments:

  1. I am going to binge-read the Falling Kingdoms series, now that Immortal Reign is published. I LOVE the cover of Immoral Reign. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a fabulous weekend, Rachelle. =)

    Check out my post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Immortal Reign isn't my favorite cover of the series, that title belongs to Crystal Storm, but it is pretty. Hope you enjoy the series!

      Delete
  2. OOh nice!! I know!! The wait for Immortal Reign was awful!! This was always a birthday treat for myself the last couple years but with the delay it made things difficult! Lol!! But I positively LOVED this one! Hope you do (did?) too!!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good. I was expecting more angst than I got, but it was a solid ending.

      Delete
  3. Wow! Lots of great books you got here! I hope you enjoy them all!

    Here’s my Stacking the Shelves!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoy your fat books! I have to stay far away from Barnes & Noble, or I make a lot of bad decisions. :)

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'll be staying away for as long as possible now. I did too much damage there. ;)

      Delete
  5. I have no excuse for not starting The Falling Kingdom books. I hear such good things about them. Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh. You had a good excuse, now that they're all out, you can read them. ;)

      Delete
  6. I have to stay away from bargain books. I just can't control myself and I don't even have time to read them all. I hope you enjoy all of the new books you picked up this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bargain books are the worst! And by worst I mean best. ;)

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!