Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday: Defy the Worlds by Claudia Gray

 "Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

This week, what's really got my pages in a twist is...

Defy the Worlds
(Constellation #2)
Publication Date: April 3, 2018
Hardcover, 480 pages, Little Brown
Genres: YA, Sci-Fi

Noemi Vidal has returned to her planet, Genesis, as an outsider. Ostracized for refusing to sacrifice Abel, the galaxy's most advanced mechanical man, she dreams of traveling through the stars one more time. And when a deadly plague arrives on Genesis, Noemi gets her chance. As the only soldier to have ever left the planet, it will be up to her to save its people...if only she wasn't flying right into a trap.

Abel, now fully aware of his soul and captaining his own ship, never thought he'd get to see Noemi again, not when the entire universe stands between them. But when his creator, Burton Mansfield, delivers news of Noemi's capture, Abel must go to her, no matter the cost.

In a race against time, Abel and Noemi band together to stop Mansfield once and for all. The depraved scientist has engineered a way to achieve immortality, but that technology comes with perils of its own. Abel and Noemi are about to discover a secret that could save Genesis and Earth...or destroy them all.

My Thoughts

Well, I’m super glad I didn’t buy book one in this series. Have I mentioned on my blog lately that I loathe mid-series cover changes? Because I do. The first book in this series had an amazing cover. It was actually my favorite cover of 2017. This cover? This thing is just blah. I’ll probably still read the books eventually, but I’ll just wait until all of them come out in paperback before I even attempt to read the series.

I am looking forward to reading a Claudia Gray sci-fi book. Plus, it’s been awhile since I read one by her in general.

What book are you waiting for this Wednesday?

4 comments:

  1. I hate that aswell! I bought the two books in the Across the Universe series and they changed the cover of all the books when the third book were published. Pfff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I think that's the first YA mid-series cover change everyone was up-in-arms about.

      Delete
  2. It's funny that they changed this cover AGAIN! The original ARC from what I saw--not that I had it--was very similar to this. And honestly, I was turned off by it. Then I saw the hardcover cover and was in LOVE! I can't wait to read it, but then I saw that YET AGAIN they decided to change the cover. What blows my mind is that it's back to being VERY similar to the one they nixed to begin with! Makes zero sense as to why they did this...again!

    That being said, I still plan to read this series eventually as well! I have the first book and an ARC I traded for of the second, so at least those two will match cover wise, but not format wise. I am seriously beginning to think publishers are doing this to mess with us! Lol!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. I saw that. The ARC cover for Defy was mediocre. I'm just so confused right now.

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!