Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday: Royals by Rachel Hawkins

 "Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

This week, what's really got my pages in a twist is...

Royals
Publication Date: May 1, 2018
Hardcover, 256 pages, G.P. Putnam
Genres: YA, Contemporary

Meet Daisy Winters. She’s an offbeat sixteen-year-old Floridian with mermaid-red hair; a part time job at a bootleg Walmart, and a perfect older sister who’s nearly engaged to the Crown Prince of Scotland. Daisy has no desire to live in the spotlight, but relentless tabloid attention forces her join Ellie at the relative seclusion of the castle across the pond.

While the dashing young Miles has been appointed to teach Daisy the ropes of being regal, the prince’s roguish younger brother kicks up scandal wherever he goes, and tries his best to take Daisy along for the ride. The crown–and the intriguing Miles–might be trying to make Daisy into a lady . . . but Daisy may just rewrite the royal rulebook to suit herself.

My Thoughts

The premise of this book sounds so cute! It’s like one of those cheesy, irresistible Hallmark royalty-romance movies! I’m a sucker for princes, so that tidbit mixed with the fact that I love Rachel Hawkins’s Hex Hall trilogy is making me really want to get my hands on this.

What’s not making me want to get my hands on this: that ugly cover. It’s just trying too hard to be cute, ya know? I feel like it’s a cover for a small girl, not a teenager. Oh well, maybe I’ll just check this one out from the library and hope the paperback gets a new cover…

What book are you waiting for this Wednesday?

4 comments:

  1. Cute pick! While I loved Rachel's previous books, I am fearful this one isn't for me. I need a little paranormal or superpowers in my stories to get hooked in. I hope you love this one once you read it though!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, contemporary isn't my favorite genre anymore, but I do love royal plotlines.

      Delete
  2. I still haven't read Rachel Hawkins! I am not sure that this would be my kind of book though. I hope you love it, Rachelle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'd start with her Hex Hall trilogy. It's a cute paranormal series. :)

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!