Saturday, January 13, 2018

Stacking the Shelves: The Apologetic, Icky Edition

"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

This week was crazy. For one thing, I could feel myself getting sick last Saturday. Sure enough, my body decided to produce all the mucus which lead to all the sniffles. It’s getting better, whatever this grossness is, it’s just taking its dear sweet time leaving. Even though I’m complaining, it’s probably just a minor cold. I’m well enough to not need a doctor and go to work, so I can’t whine too much.

As for blogging and books, I’ve been pretty absent this week because of my sickness. When I’ve come home from work, I’ve immediately taken NyQuil and passed out. Thus, there was no time for responding to comments or the like. I’m trying to get caught up on everything today.

Now, back to what you guys actually came here for. I only got one book this week, but it was a pretty one.

 Everless by Sara Holland

I actually went to Sara’s rescheduled NYC launch event this past Tuesday. I was there with 50 bajillion other people crowded into a small corner of the store. It was madness. And my nose was runny. But I’ll tell you more about all that in my recap post, which should be up later this week.

Also, I’m pretty sure I have a second book waiting for me in my mailbox, but it’s four floors down (no elevator), and I don’t feel like moving right now. #lazyIam. I’ll just add it to next week’s Stacking the Shelves. Okay?

What books have you bought/received lately?

12 comments:

  1. Aw I'm so sorry you've been feeling rubbish. I hope your new books cheer you up! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New books are the best way to make people feel better. :)

      Delete
  2. Hope you feel better and can't wait to see what book is awaiting you in your mailbox. Everless has such a pretty cover and I've been seeing it everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope this finds you better. Everless looks great. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely better. I can breathe through my nose 85% of the time now. ;)

      Delete
  4. Being sick is the worst! My household is still stuffed with the cold and I am taking preventive medicine almost daily to ward it off! I already had a cold or two this winter season, I'm done thanks! Lol!

    I am really curious about this one! So cool to meet the author! I never get over meeting authors! Even ones I've met like 3 times! Happy Reading!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meeting authors is the best! I just wish I knew what to say when I walk up to them. I'm always and awkward mess.

      Delete
  5. Sorry you have been feeling bad. Colds are the worst since you feel horrible but still have to do everything. Hope you are feeling much better!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!