Monday, January 8, 2018

Part Two of My Epic Unhaul

As is somewhat normal in the book-blogging community, I own a lot of physical books. A lot. It’s at least a thousand, if not more.

Recently, I moved to NYC to work in book publishing, and right now, my parents are keeping my books at their house. If I decide to move to New York permanently or even to move back to the Midwest and get my own place, I can’t take all of them with me. Or at least, I don’t want to take any with me that I don’t 100% want to keep. Thus, I decided to get rid of a large chunk of my TBR over the holiday vacation.

This entire unhaul was inspired by Sam over at Thoughts On Tomes.

Now, because I’m getting rid of so many books, I thought I’d make this unhaul a two-parter. This is part two. I’ll list the books and give a short description for why I’m getting rid of each. Be prepared, these will be long posts. I’m getting rid of over 100 books.

Also, these books have been donated and/or sold already.

The Temptation, The Swift Boys and Me, On Dublin Street, Spark, Storm, Kisses from Hell, Love is Hell, Fairy Bad Day, Kissed by an Angel, Pirates of the Caribbean, Fury, Vengeance Bound – Bought and read. Not interested in keeping.
Enthralled, Original Sin, Witch Eyes, Promise, Almost to Die For, Wolves Boys and Other Things That Can Kill Me – Won in giveaways and read. Not interested in keeping.
Tempest Rising – Traded for at a bookstore. Don’t think I’ll ever read.
Splintered, Heart at Stake – Traded for at a bookstore. Read them, and don’t want to keep them.
Hooked – Was given by the publisher as a gift. Read it and am not interested in keeping.
Montana in A Minor – Received for review.
Unafraid, Unwelcome – Sent unsolicited copies for review. Never received the first book in the series, though, so I can’t read them.
Arthur, Ransom, MLA Handbook, A Writer’s Reference, The Rest of Us Just Live Here – Bought for cheap at a library sale. Just don’t want them anymore.
Bill Nye: Everything All At Once – Received at NYU. Not interested in reading it.
The Girl of Fire and Thorns, The Demon King, and My Life Next Door – Got at a library sale, but they’re not great copies. I want to get newer versions.

Sabriel, Lirael, Abhorsen, Merlin’s Dragon – Bought a long time ago and never read. Plus, there’s newer editions that are much prettier if I ever do read them.
Tithe, Valiant, Ironside – Read Tithe, but I didn’t like Valiant’s first few pages. I’m done with the series.
Wings, Spells and The Eternal Ones – Bought sooooo long ago, and I’m not interested in reading them now.
The Writer’s Block – My sister gave me this. I don’t know why I kept it so long.
Love Bites, Destiny of the Wolf, Fantasy Lover, Night Pleasures, Kiss of the Night, Night Embrace, Night Play – Read and don’t want to keep.
The Fallout – Won, but it’s the second book in a series.
Magonia – Traded for at a used bookstore. Not interested in reading anymore.
The Warrior Heir – Read, but now I have a hardcover copy.
All of the self-help/inspirational books – Books I received at NYU. Not my thing.
The Time Traveler’s Wife – My sister’s old book that I’ll never read.
Devilish, The Big Crunch – Got at a library sale, but won’t read. I don’t like YA contemporary anymore.
The Baby-sitters Club books – I’ve never read any books in this series, and I feel like I’m too old for it now.

Christmas Bedtime Stories, Stories from the Bible, SpongeBob Squarepants Joke Book, So Little Time: Spring Breakup, Little White Lies, Graduation Summer: We Can’t Wait!, Circles in the Stream – Old childhood books that I’m not interested in keeping.
The Vampire’s Promise 1-3 - A weird vampire series that I don’t want to keep anymore.
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, The House of Seven Gables – Classics I’ve never read, nor do I want to at this point in my life.
Mythic Vision (Eragon movie companion) – Eh.
My Girl, The Unsinkable Molly Brown, and Home for the Howl-idays – My sister’s books. She wanted them back.
By the Shores of Silver Lake, On the Banks of Plum Creek, Little House in the Big Woods, and Little Town on the Prairie, Monster Blood II, Egg Monsters from Mars, and Ghost Camp – Given to me, but I don’t really want them. My sister is borrowing/keeping them.

Mothership – A gift from a friend, but I bought the newer edition.

Well, there you have it. That’s part two of my epic unhaul.

Are you at all inspired to get rid of some of your unread books? I feel a lot lighter now.

2 comments:

  1. I got rid of so many books a few years ago. I still have some mixed feelings about it but you just can't keep everything. I try to buy digital as much as possible but I still have a lot of books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could go the digital route. It's so much cheaper. But at the same time, I love seeing the pretty hardcopies on my shelves...

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!