Saturday, January 20, 2018

Stacking the Shelves: The Na Na Na Na Na Edition


"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Books! I got some. I bought them too. None of them were free. Don’t judge me. I’m weak. My wallet will forgive me eventually, right? Right?!

Batman: Nightwalker by Marie Lu
Traitor to the Throne by Alwyn Hamilton

If you saw my Christmas haul, you know that I got Wonder Woman: Warbringer, the UK special edition. It’s a beautiful hardcover with a simplistic design. My mom had to pay a lot to get this book off of eBay and shipped from the UK.

I want all of these UK special editions though, as I don’t care for the US covers. So, I bought myself the Batman copy from Book Depository as soon as I knew I got WW for Christmas. I’m glad I acted fast. They sold out quickly.

As for Traitor to the Throne, I’m just weak. I finished Rebel of the Sands recently, and I loved it! So, I thought I’d buy the next one. However, I couldn’t wait to just buy it off of Amazon where it was cheap, even though I have Prime. No, I had to buy it full price at Books of Wonder before I went to *drumroll please*

Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner’s Unearthed Event!

Unearthed by Amy Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner

Originally, I’d planned on only buying This Shattered World to get signed at the event, but, of course, I couldn’t resist buying the book the authors were actually going on tour for. Never mind that I’d like to save some money. *sigh* I’m such a sucker for book signings. Honestly. Publishers could sell me anything on these tours.

Just FYI, I’ll have a recap of the Unearthed event soon!

What books have you bought/received lately?

12 comments:

  1. So many pretties! I can't really blame you for wanting them in your possession!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I can't really blame myself too much either... ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh I can't wait for my pre-order of hero at the fall to come in. I am listening to Batman now and I hope to finish the Starbound series this year. So many great picks! Enjoy! My Shelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm trying to put off reading Traitor, just so I can wait for as little time as possible between books.

      Delete
  3. I'm the same when it comes to book signings! I usually already have a copy of whatever book I'm going to the signing for because generally the signing is days after the release date and usually I cannot wait to read it! Lol! But I still buy a copy when I am there to giveaway eventually! Hope you enjoy all your awesome new reads!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's something I definitely couldn't do. Too much money for me, but I bet your followers appreciate the giveaways! ;)

      Delete
  4. Oooh! You got Batman! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

    Here’s my Stacking the Shelves!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll probably wait to read it until all four of the DC books are out. I don't know if the four books are technically sequels, but I don't want to have to wait however many months between books. But, who knows, maybe I'll pick WW up before then.

      Delete
  5. I do love that Batman cover. I hope to read that series at some point. Enjoy all of your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul. They look awesome. I hope you enjoy them. Have a wonderful week and happy reading. 😁❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cover on Batman is awesome so how could anyone blame you for going the extra mile to get it. Hope you enjoy all of these!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!