Thursday, January 18, 2018

My Thoughts on the Justice League Movie

I thought I’d share my thoughts and feels about the Justice League movie. In case you haven’t seen it or want more reference, I’ve posted the trailer below:


I have to admit that before I went into this one, I knew I probably wasn’t going to enjoy it. Mostly because things were spoiled for me via friends, family, and/or social media. I also knew from my past experiences with the DCEU (DC's movie universe) that I wasn’t going to love this movie.

One reason I knew I wasn’t going to enjoy it was the CGI. It’s awful. I knew that from the trailers and from Batman vs. Superman and Wonder Woman. Yes, even the almighty Wonder Woman movie had terrible CGI. Not only was there the problem of Superman’s ugly mustache-removed lip, but the villain was ridiculously fake. And, I complain about it every time, but the fight scenes look like video games, not real life.

As for the characters, I don’t really know how they could get everyone’s character development except for Wonder Woman’s and Cyborg’s so absolutely wrong. Batman is supposed to be a great detective and a hero who wants to work alone. He was neither of those things in this film. Flash wasn’t funny, nor did Ezra Miller’s character make me like him. I’m not super attached to the TV version of Barry Allen, but I for the life of me can’t decide why they went with Miller instead of getting someone more serious for the role. If they wanted a comedic aspect, they could have brought in Hal the Green Lantern, or god forbid, made Aquaman’s lines actually witty.

Speaking of Aquaman, he was a mix between a drunk and a surfer dude with no consistent plot points. Did he live in Russia or Norway? Or did he just travel between the two super fast? Also, there was weird smiling during some of the action scenes from the heroes when smiling probably wasn’t warranted. I mean, it could have been the end of the world and the heroes were SMILING!?

Oh, and before I forget, we need to talk about those Amazons. I mean, what the heck Zack Snyder?! What the heck? Patty Jenkins gave you perfectly good Amazons and you go and throw them away for whatever that mess was? Don’t get me wrong, I don’t blame the actresses. They were doing the best they could with what they were given, but those outfits and skirts made me very unhappy.

Also, I have to say it one more time, even though it’s kind of SPOILERY, but I still loathe Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luther. LOATHE.

The plot of this movie also wasn’t very compelling. It mostly consisted of getting the team together, which is sad because as viewers, we’re not attached to any of the Justice League members except for the main three—Batman, Wonder Woman, and Superman. The bad guy of this film didn’t seem that almighty to me, and I just didn’t really see what his boxes were really supposed to accomplish? It was all rather confusing. Basically, the DCEU really just needed to use the Marvel formula to introduce all of their characters before diving into something as big as the Justice League.

All in all, I simply didn’t like this movie. I didn’t laugh or have any sort of emotion at any point in the film. It was that meh. For someone who has loved previous Batman movies and even enjoyed Man of Steel, this was just bad. Wonder Woman is the only redeeming quality of this film.

Sadly for me, I’ll probably be sticking to Marvel films for a long time. At least until DC gets its shtick together.

4 comments:

  1. I liked Wonder Woman but I will probably be skipping this one. Sorry it wasn't better for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, just wait for it to come out on DVD, or on HBO.

      Delete
  2. Like Carole I really liked Wonder Woman, but I'm also worried about this movie. I haven't watched Batman vs Superman, because I heard so many things about it and I don't like Ben Affleck as Batman. Yep, so I'm worried that I won't like this movie...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ben Affleck is the worst! I do not like him as Batman. He was good as Daredevil, but not Batman.

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!