Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Top Ten New-to-Me Authors I Read in 2017

 If you’re unaware, Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly original feature created by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there’s a new Top Ten theme that the blogger responds to with their own list of answers.

This week’s theme is… *drumroll please*…

Ten New-to-Me Authors I Read in 2017

Gosh. This is another tough one. I only read 28 books this year, so it’s hard to really think of books that weren’t sequels or by authors I’d read before.

Okay, so after looking those 28 books over, there are only eight books I read with new-to-me authors. Some of them weren’t authors I would call my personal favorite or best. So, I’m just listing the four that really stood out to me.

***
 Erin Summerill – Ever the Hunted

Erin Summerill’s new fantasy duology isn’t the most fantastic series ever, but it’s fun. She’s also super funny and lovely. I plan on reading the sequel to Ever the Hunted as soon as I can get my hands on a copy.

 Alex R. Kahler – Runebinder

Again, not the best fantasy/dystopian book in the world, but it was such a unique idea! I’m looking forward to reading the sequel

 Cora Carmack – Roar

Another fantasy book by an author who came up with a completely new and unique idea. It’s also another fantasy series that I’m anxiously awaiting the sequel for.

 Benjamin Alire Saenz – Aristotle and Dante…

Surprise! The number one slot isn’t going to a fantasy book.

Aristotle and Dante was such a touching, fast-paced read that will probably stay with me for the rest of my life. I really should get my hands on a copy of this one.

***

Alright, there you have it. My first Top Ten New-to-Me Authors. What authors/books would you put on this list? Let me know in the comments section.

2 comments:

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!