Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Top Ten Books I Can’t Believe I Read

It’s Top Ten Tuesday time!

If you’re unaware, Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly original feature created by The Broke and the Bookish, and it’s now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week there’s a new Top Ten theme that the blogger responds to with their own list of answers.

This week’s theme is… *drumroll please*…

Books I Can’t Believe I Read

I just want to clarify that some of these books are on this list for different reasons. Some titles I’m angry about, some I’m just surprised I actually picked up.

***
Blood and Sand by C.V. Wyk

This book surprised me in a good way. I just recently read this, and I didn’t think I would enjoy it as much as I did. I want the sequel now!

Lifeblood by Gena Showalter

I was disappointed in this one. I actually couldn’t believe I read such an egh book by Gena Showalter. One of my favorite authors. Especially when the first book was good.

Sanguine Mountain by Jennifer Foxcraft

This one just has such a strange concept that I can’t believe I read it. And liked it! It’s about bat people! Not vampires, but bat people!
Evermore by Alyson Noel

I just don’t know why I stuck with this series for so long. I still haven’t read the last book, but the first five were just so bad.
Allegiant by Veronica Roth

I think this one will be on at least a few people’s lists. I don’t even care so much about the ending; it was the awful world-building concept that frustrated me. You can’t just build a world and then claim it’s all fake!
Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

I enjoyed this series when it came out, and I don’t think it’s one of the worst romances out there now. Mostly though, I just can’t believe I read this series. I think I even borrowed money from my mom to buy the ebooks, not that she knows what I bought. ;)

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

I just can’t believe that after all of those years, we got an eighth Harry Potter “book.” When I first read it, I thought it was good. Now that I’ve thought about it and read things about it, I know how bad it really was. Still going to see the play in October though.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

This one’s on the list because I can’t believe I actually got to read it! I also can’t believe I went to the release party at my local Wal-Mart (no bookstore in my hometown) at midnight and read the book out loud, taking turns reading chapters, with my sister. Craziness.

The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty by Anne Rice

Wth did I read?! This book was freaky! It was some kinky nastiness that I wish I could scrub out of my mind. It wasn’t even normal romance/erotica stuff, it was just weird. In a bad, bad, bad way.
The Chosen by J.R. Ward

This one made me so angry. I was sooooo looking forward to this one, but one of my favorite characters turned into an abusive a$$hole. I actually don’t know if I’ll continue reading Ward’s books after that disaster of a book.

***

Alright, there you have it. My list of Books I Can’t Believe I Read. What did you put on your list? Let me know in the comments section.

7 comments:

  1. Your list is fabulous! I love your reasoning... and I was so over Divergent, and where that story went... I could have handled the world building craziness if the ending made sense with the character, but with both issues... yeah a waste


    Marissa
    Reading List

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh nice ones! I too was disappointed in Gena's newest series. Though I couldn't get into the first book whatsoever. Then I basically cry because her most amazing series Intertwined was canceled and yet they liked this better? Allowed this to be finished? I'm not bitter or anything! ;) Lol!!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first book was alright, but yeah, I don't understand what's happening now

      Delete
  3. I totally can't believe that I forgot to include Allegiant on my list this week!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/01/30/top-ten-tuesday-144/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Yeah I thought it would be on everyone's list.

      Delete
  4. I read the first two books in the Divergent series but never felt the need to pick up Allegiant. I read the first 2 books in the 50 Shades of Stupid series and didn't like both of them. I only read the second one because I thought I had to be missing something.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!