Sunday, January 7, 2018

Part One of My Epic Unhaul

As is somewhat normal in the book-blogging community, I own a lot of physical books. A lot. It’s at least a thousand, if not more.

Recently, I moved to NYC to work in book publishing, and right now, my parents are keeping my books at their house. If I decide to move to New York permanently or even to move back to the Midwest and get my own place, I can’t take all of them with me. Or at least, I don’t want to take any with me that I don’t 100% want to keep. Thus, I decided to get rid of a large chunk of my TBR over the holiday vacation.

This entire unhaul was inspired by Sam over at Thoughts On Tomes.

Now, because I’m getting rid of so many books, I thought I’d make this unhaul a two-parter. This is part one. I’ll list the books and give a short description for why I’m getting rid of each. Be prepared, these will be long posts. I’m getting rid of over 100 books.

Also, these books have been donated and/or sold already.

The Paris Review – I got this creative writing magazine during my time at New York University’s Summer Publishing Institute. I’m never going to actually read it.
Don’t Turn Around– I bought this one during a Scholastic warehouse sale. I tried to read it one time, but I’m just not interested in hacker books.
Misfit ARC– This was an unsolicited ARC I received years ago. I never read it, and it just doesn’t interest me now.
Uglies – Had it forever, never read it. Will get the new, pretty covers if I ever decide to read it.
Angel Star – I won this one when I was back in high school, but I never read it.
Confessions of a Shopaholic, The Creed Legacy, The Perfect Play – Bought at a library sale for super cheap. Will never read.
Waiting for You – I’m just not in to YA contemporary anymore. The premise has to be really special for me to want to read that genre.
Everything You Want Me To Be, The Life and Times of Persimmon Wilson, He Will Be My Ruin, The Gilded Years, and A Man Called Ove – I was given these. They’re just not my type.
Wyoming Rugged, Wyoming Strong, and The Winning Season – I got these from a Harlequin offer. I’ll never read them.
Famous Last Words, Heartbeat, Don’t You Wish, and Jellicoe Road – I won these. Again, just not interested in YA contemporary anymore.
Such a Rush – I bought it a long time ago, and it’s a YA contemporary.
Love Letters to the Dead – I traded for it, and it’s another YA contemporary.
The Epic Crush of Genie Lo ARC and The Magic Misfits ARC – Received at NYU during SPI. It’s just not something I’m interested in reading.
Queen of Hearts – I actually won the new edition of this book, so this one’s going bye-bye.
Revealers and Pathfinder – I won these years ago, and I haven’t picked them up since.
The Dark is Rising – I picked this one up at B&N back when I was in junior high. I’m just not interested in it anymore. The movie was good, though.
Princess Academy – I think I read this a long time ago, but this isn’t a good copy.
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies – I traded for this one and wanted to read it because of the movie. I tried reading it, but I’ll just watch the film.
Ignite Me – I’m getting rid of this whole series.
This Fight is Ours audiobook – I listen to audiobooks. I also don’t think I’d ever pick this up.

Bzrk, A Great and Terrible Beauty, and Delirium Stories – Bought at a library sale for cheap. Won’t read.
Wrecked, Seventeenth Summer, While He Was Away, Of Poseidon, What the Spell, and Life’s a Witch – Bought a long time ago. Still haven’t read.
Immortal City, The Faerie Ring, Harbinger, Unremembered, Siren, Of Monsters and Madness, Graveminder, Gone, Fade, Wake, Every Day, and The Elementals: Fire – Won in giveaways. Probably won’t ever read.
Rush, A Touch Mortal – Bought on Book Outlet. Not interested anymore.
The Book of Broken Hearts – Got at a BRB Christmas giveaway. Again, YA contemporary is just not interesting to me right now.
One True Loves and Saving June – I was given these, and they’re just not my type.
Find You in the Dark and Light in the Shadows – I traded someone for these, but I don’t want them anymore.
Dreamland Burning ARC, The Way to Bea ARC, In Some Other Life ARC, The Woman in Cabin 10, You Bring the Distant Star ARC, and Girl in Snow ARC – More NYU goodies that I’m not interested in.
Catching Jordan – Unlike the others, I’ve read this one. I just didn’t want to keep it.
Wondrous Strange and Darklight – Not sure where these came from, but I’m just not into fairies that much.
Wunderland – An unsolicited ARC I’ll never read.
Unravel Me and Shatter Me – Getting rid of the whole series. If I ever decide to pick them up again, I’ll just buy them in matching hardcovers.

Well, there you have it. That’s part one of my epic unhaul.

What books have you gotten rid of recently?

2 comments:

  1. That's a lot of books! I see a few in there that I want to read but if you aren't going to read them it is probably time to let them find new homes.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!