Saturday, January 6, 2018

Stacking the Shelves: The Finally Here Christmas Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Woohoo! It’s finally the Christmas edition!

In case you were unaware, my Christmas was postponed for family reasons. My sister was getting married on New Year’s Day, so my other sister decided it would be easier for her and her husband to come closer to January 1st than either stay for an extended period between Christmas and New Year’s or come down to Missouri two weekends in a row. My mom did give me a present to open on Christmas day, though. It was a pair of socks. :)

Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas
Fantastic Beasts Original Screenplay by J.K. Rowling
Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo (UK ed.)

I got more presents on our family’s Christmas. The pic doesn’t have everything shown because I packed some of it away since it was super crowded at my parents’ house. Plus, my sister’s ginormous puppy was stampeding around, so all the new gifts needed locked away where he couldn’t get ahold of them.

As for what’s pictured, I got three books, two DVDs, and a Barnes & Noble gift card. The books and DVDs were all on my Christmas list. I especially wanted The Lion King DVD since it was going back in the vault soon. Stupid Disney vault.

What wasn’t pictured includes two blankets, one Justice League and one Game of Thrones; soooooo many socks; a workout sweater/jacket; sooooo much candy; tennis shoes; and a workout bag. I probably got a few other smaller things I’m forgetting to list here, but that’s the gist of it.

This Christmas was kind of weird. We were all preparing for my sister’s wedding, and a few odd things happened here and there that made it feel off. I hope next Christmas gets things on track.

What books have you bought/received lately?

8 comments:

  1. The Disney Vault is the WORST thing to ever happen in the entire history of ever!! (okay, maybe not like THE worst as in #1 in the history of ever, but pretty darn close! Lol) I hate it because you either need to buy them super quick for yourself or be thinking SUPER ahead! I thought I read somewhere that they lock them away for 7 year...maybe more, to "allow future generations to always enjoy the classics" or some such BS. So if you don't plan having kids right they will go without the Disney classics, I mean if you don't start them early, you've pretty much lost the cause to begin with! I do wonder if their "Disney Netflix" or whatever it will be called will have these vaulted movies. I mean, I pretty much have my own idea of what this service will be like and what it will have and if it doesn't have any of the shows I expect I'll definitely be passing on it!

    Yeah...long winded rant there, sorry! Lol!

    Nice new goodies though! It's always good to get your Disney movies asap once they release for whatever anniversary because you never know how long it will be there!

    I hope you enjoy your new reads and movies!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Your rant is so true. My roommate used to work at Barnes & Noble, and she said the Vault was her worst enemy. Everyone would come to her to ask for Disney movies, but they wouldn't be available. As for children going without classics, I hadn't thought about that. You're right, that's sad. :(

      Delete
  2. I am sorry that the wedding was little off but we can just give our best wishes to the new couple :)

    And seems like a great haul and you acquired some nice goodies!! I hope you enjoy your reads.

    MY STS: http://flippingthruthepages.com/2018/01/stacking-shelves-14-first-book-haul-2018/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wedding was fine, it was Christmas that was off. Things were just a little hectic. :)

      Delete
  3. What a fun and absolutely hectic time for a wedding. Our anniversary is near Thanksgiving and ever so many years it falls on Thanksgiving day and gets lost. Glad you had some nice time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry this Christmas was a bit unusual for you. Congrats to your sister though. You did add some nice books to your collection. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh. It was a combination of things that made it odd, so next year shouldn't be as weird.

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!