Saturday, January 30, 2021

Stacking the Shelves: The Prime Gripe Edition

"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

This week's been pretty rough. For various personal reasons. So I haven't been posting a lot or responding to as many blog comments as I'd like to. Please know that I'm not ignoring you. Life's just a little icky right now. I'll catch up on comments eventually!

Two books this week. Cast in Firelight was a preorder from Amazon that only came in a couple of days ago. I know COVID has impacted shipping, but I feel like Amazon was bad about getting books delivered on release day even in the months before COVID hit. Why am I paying so much for Prime if my deliveries aren't actually being delivered on time? Oh, right, I'm watching Prime shows like The Boys and The Expanse. If I wasn't watching those, I'd totally get rid of Prime. It's not worth it anymore. I've already read this book, though, so at least I didn't have to wait on it to be delivered in order to actually read the story.



Other than Cast in Firelight, I bought an ebook copy of The Invisible Life of Addie Larue. This one is for my book club. It was our first pick of 2021. Originally, I'd planned on getting a physical copy, but it was out of stock almost everywhere, so I went with an ebook. And I'm glad I did because I'm not loving it so far. It's simply okay.

What books have you bought/received lately?

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, Amazon has been sucking with their Prime shipping. Pre Covid too. There were times in January and February my books were arriving late and it was driving me nuts. They'll be hearing from me soon as my membership is up for renewal. I'm pissed off that I had to pay full price for half-ass service. And not that they're raising the costs of their books and movies, I'm finding it harder to want to pay their fees for books I can get cheaper everywhere else and get on time!

    Glad you still got your reads though! I felt hesitant over Schwab's new book. There was SO much hype surrounding it, yet when I read what it was about, I felt meh. So I never picked it up. Hope it will pick up for you!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one fed up. 😆

      Delete
  2. Prime shipping has definitely gotten slower. I try not to order from Amazon as much as possible anymore. I hope you end up enjoying Addie a little more before you finish. I still need to read that one. I hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same. I'm trying to limit Amazon orders. I'm thinking about ordering only adult books from Amazon since they're usually more expensive elsewhere.

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!