Saturday, January 16, 2021

Stacking the Shelves: The Surprise ARC Edition

"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

 I didn't buy any books this week. However, I do have some I received. Yay for free books!

The Brightest Night by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Crush by Tracy Wolf
The Last Watch by J.S. Dewes

So I randomly received an unsolicited ARC of The Last Watch. I'm not sure why it came to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm ridiculously excited, as it was on my Top 10 Most Anticipated Books of Early 2021, but it just kind of showed up out of the blue. I'm not sure if a friend from Tor sent it to me, if I won a copy, or if they just want me to review the book. Whatever it is, I got a free book, so that's cool. As for the other two, my parents bought them for me.



I can't get away with saying I didn't spend any money on this week's haul, unfortunately. While I bought the pictured fan art prints a couple of weeks ago, they just now made it to me. One is a print of characters from Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard which I bought through Facebook, and the other two are portraits of the two main characters in the Blood and Ash series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. (The prints are available through Flickerwix.) I've spent way too much money on fan art for that series. You'll see the damage it's done in my next few hauls.

What books have you bought/received lately?

8 comments:

  1. This is from that thing that you said on your profile about having no life, but I do the exact same thing. But I still love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you said, "Yay for free books!" Have a great weekend.

    https://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2021/01/my-weekly-bookishness-1152021.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoh nice! I just ordered a fan art piece awhile back of Caraval! It hasn't shipped yet, but I know processing times for that are a bit longer than her usual merch. So, wait I must. Lol.

    Nice new reads! I still need to read The Brightest Night myself! I am sooo behind on JLA's books! Hoping this year to get caught up on them, though it's a debate about this new series since it has cliffhangers...but I might not be able to resist for much longer! Luckily I still have review books to keep me occupied for a few weeks! Lol!

    Happy Reading!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm playing a game of catch-up for JLA's books. But that means re-reading The Covenant series, which I both want to and don't want to do. lol.

      Delete
  4. I love it when surprise books show up at my house! It is even better that it was a book that you were looking forward to reading! I hope you have a great week and enjoy your new books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to get The Last Watch as a surprise. I have been thinking I might request it at NetGalley if still available as I reduce my current list.
    Have a good week and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!